At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
Are you a problem-solver who thrives in a data rich environment? At AES, we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with renewable energy! As one of the larger provides of renewable energy globally, we are dedicated to using the vast amounts of information available to design Clean Energy Commercial, Smart Operations, and other Energy related solutions to improve our operations and become the global leader in renewable energy generation.
As an Analyst, Business Intelligence, you will be part of the Clean Energy Digital Analytics Team, reporting to the Digital Analytics Manager and will work closely with business and technology partners to bring innovative data and analytics solutions into reality. This position is responsible for the creation and implementation of business intelligence (reports, dashboards, automations) and data analysis best practices. Assures that all appropriate management levels are effectively applying business intelligence. Assists the Leadership Team with special projects and other reporting and analysis functions.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Business Intelligence Analysts play a meaningful role in achieving the AES vision of transforming energy together. In this role, you’ll work with a team of Data Engineers, Data Architects, and Data Scientists to solve some of the most exciting and challenging problems faced by Energy and Utility companies in today’s fast-paced environment. Your primary responsibilities will be focused on building, deploying, and maintaining scalable and flexible business intelligence solutions. Many of your efforts will provide you the opportunity to apply innovative and difference-making decisions while working with complex and/or unstructured data. You will gain visibility with senior leadership and work with a team that prioritizes your growth as a data analytics professional.
Technically, you have in-depth knowledge and expertise of how to turn data into insight and intelligence.
The Work You May Do:
• Extract and analyze data patterns and related trends.
• Design and develop BI dashboards and reports to visualize data into consumable information for organizational metrics and KPI's.
• Implement, develop, maintain and/or update BI tools, databases, dashboards, systems, processes, workflows, or methods.
• Transform existing solutions to new methodology and technology. Focus on establishing data frameworks, roadmaps, and related activities.
• Participate in improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability, and value.
• Organize and participate in project planning activities to identify and document reporting requirements and develop organizational models, policies and procedures governing distribution and usage of data.
• Perform statistical analysis, build predictive models, and formulate decision models that relate to operational activities to find opportunities for financial and quality improvement.
• Understand data standards and identify data abnormalities. Instill data quality and integrity in all solutions delivered.
• Identify opportunities for improvement in existing reporting and help automate those data reports along with alarms and scheduled reporting.
• Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other data scientists, engineers, and business leaders of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and visual expertise to the organization.
• Identify and facilitate training opportunities.
Who You Are:
• Must be detail oriented, a self-starter, and dedicated.
• Must have excellent written/oral/presentation communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills, critical thinker, personal computer skills required.
• Demonstrated competency in data collection, design, data analysis, data quality control, database file management a must.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Must be able to participate in meetings with all levels of management.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a service-oriented, quick learner and great teammate.
• Strong problem-solving skills and experience solving complex challenges individually and in teams is required.
• You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes available.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
• Minimum 2 years experience working in a relevant role working specifically with data and the analysis of data including Power BI report writing and Creating Power BI dashboards and reports
• Preferred BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
• Previous experience working with Google Cloud Platform, Domino is a plus
• Must demonstrate the ability to interpret business data and translate into insightful recommendations
• RPA development/programming experience is a plus
• Experience with Alteryx, Pyramid or Sas is a plus
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.The expected salary for this position, at commencement of employment, is between $60.000 and $76.500/Annual; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements such as annual bonus, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, life, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Safety comes first at AES. To protect the health and safety of our people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, AES requires all newly-hired people or current AES people applying for U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a world-changing impact and join the fight against climate change, our team at AES wants to meet you.
Our people transformed us into the world’s most impactful energy company. How did we do it?
We partner with organizations from industries of every kind, across all markets and at every stage of development to meet their energy needs ...