At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
At AES, we have an amazing opportunity to transform the world with renewable energy. As one of the larger provides of renewable energy globally, we are dedicated to using the vast amounts of information available to design Clean Energy related solutions to improve our operations and become the global leader in renewable energy generation.
You will be part of the Clean Energy Digital Analytics Team, reporting to the Digital Analytics Manager, and your primary focus will be supporting the AES Clean Energy Business and as a data architect you are going to be part of a team of innovators who translate business requirements into technology requirements and define data standards, practices and principles. The data architect is responsible for partnering with the data Architects and work collaboratively with the business and design the data management framework for various business projects at AES. The framework describes the processes used to plan, specify, enable, create, acquire, maintain, use, archive, retrieve, control, and purge data. The data architect also provides the business a standard common business vocabulary, expressing strategic requirements, outlining high-level integrated designs to meet those requirements, and aligns with the broader enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
Data Architects are a key part of AES's digital transformation. The focus of this role would be on the planning and designing of data different frameworks, master data management MDM and pipelines with a main emphasis on the concepts of efficiently designing and implementing on our cloud-based Enterprise Data Lake. Working hand to hand with the Enterprise/Solution Architects and Data Engineers to create/implement plans to improve existing data models and structure the tables with the design pattern that will help the system for improved performance. Generally, a data architect has and in-depth knowledge and expertise of database technologies, along with solid programming, design, and system analysis skills, but is not required to be successful. Willingness to learn new technologies that can help improve the current system.
The Work You May Do:
· Interact with key team leaders and managers to understand their data requirements and play a key role in driving the data design forward with the data engineers
· Translation of business requirements and business operation practices into the existing technology data framework
· Manage the metadata for various enterprise data pipelines
· Define and design pipelines and processes for cleaning and organizing data as well as build tools to help make the data accessible by data scientists and the business
· Leverage Google Cloud Platform and similar tools
· Understand and support a corporate data model and overall data governance
· Communicate with application, back-office and external customer teams regarding data requirements, standards, performance and access
· Define and perform unit testing of database code as appropriate
· Perform code reviews and audits of application team’s database code to ensure compliance with established best practices
· Use big data analytics tools and apply techniques for data retrieval, preparation and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using various data engineering tools and methods
· Build integrations (API, etc.) with on-premise and cloud databases
· You have a solid understanding of programming languages extensively used in Data Science applications (e.g., R, Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
· Debug, troubleshoot, design and implement solutions to complex technical issues
· Build capabilities with software tools (e.g. Google Cloud Platform)
· Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, Architects, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
· Designing and implementing data solutions for operational and secure integration across systems
· Demonstrating solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
· Improving operations by conducting systems analysis to understand process and application bottlenecks; recommending changes in policies and procedures
· Leverage Agile, CI/CD and DevOps methodologies to deliver high quality product on-time
Who You Are:
· You have a knack for transforming data and migrating data in cloud platforms leveraging cloud native tools
· Ask questions and love to learn
· Desire to get a detailed knowledge of the way AES does business today, and its plans for changes in practices and goals, either leading or supporting
· You have experience building high-capacity data analytics systems using cloud platforms and services for storing, collecting, and analyzing data (Google Cloud preferred)
· Love to tinker and understand the “why”.
· You have the ability to deal with ambiguity and the flexibility to change direction as additional information becomes available.
· Understand the value and purpose of good project management.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
· Bachelors degree in computer science, software engineering or a closely related field; a Master's degree is preferred
· 2 + years of experience developing batch and streaming ETL processes (preferably Talend)
· 2 + years of experience with relational and NoSQL databases, including modeling and writing complex queries
· 2 years of development experience leveraging an Agile methodology with experience collaborating on coding projects in Google Cloud Platform
· 2+ years of industry experience with modern programming languages like Python (preferred), Java, etc.
· 1+ years of industry experience with graph databases like Neo4j or Tiger Graph (preferred)
· Exposer to columnar cloud databases preferably BigQuery
· Exposure to relational database platforms like Microsoft, Oracle, etc.
· Progressive mindset particularly around deployment models and emerging technologies
· 2 + years of experience in Cloud Engineering, experience in a similar role with demonstrated relationship building skills resulting in traceable, measurable, impactful results
· Experience working in team environments and implementing organizational change
At AES, you will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our outstanding Check-In approach where feedback flows freely.
AES is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to building strength and delivering long-term sustainability through diversity and inclusion. Respecting all backgrounds, differences and perspectives enables us to improve the lives of our people, customers, suppliers, contractors, and the communities in which we live and work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and/or expression, race, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. E-Verify Notice: AES will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.The expected salary for this position, at commencement of employment, is between $95.000 and $123.250/Annual; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements such as annual bonus, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, life, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Safety comes first at AES. To protect the health and safety of our people, customers, communities and partners, and to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, AES requires all newly-hired people or current AES people applying for U.S.-based role(s), to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or be willing to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their date of hire. Except where prohibited by law or not specifically covered in a collective bargaining agreement, new hires and transfers will be required to provide proof of vaccination during onboarding and periodically thereafter. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a world-changing impact and join the fight against climate change, our team at AES wants to meet you.
Our people transformed us into the world’s most impactful energy company. How did we do it?
We partner with organizations from industries of every kind, across all markets and at every stage of development to meet their energy needs ...