Travel & Expense Associate
Middlesex County, MA
Travel and Expense Associate
Agios (agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
The Travel & Expense Associate will support and maintain the day to day activities of all Travel & Expense program functions, including travel reimbursement, expense reporting, receipt audit, corporate card distribution and travel and corporate policy adherence.
- Perform day to day administrative duties for the expense reimbursement systems Concur
- Review expense reports submitted by employees for overall reasonableness and receipt attachment, ensuring that users are not in violation of Corporate T&E policy.
- Oversee Concur System maintenance which includes making the necessary changes to audit rules, reports and system settings to ensure compliance with Corporate Travel Policy.
- Train all new travelers in the use of the Concur and Corporate Policy.
- Provide solutions to user problems in a timely manner to ensure high user satisfaction and productivity
- Produce monthly reporting metrics from Concur
- Responsible for the linking of new Corporate Card to an employee in expense reporting system to ensure Corporate Card automated feed of charges.
- Monitor Corporate Card payments and refunds and run monthly reports.
- Assist with audit requests, including providing copies of expense reports as required and answering any T&E questions as they arise.
- Ensure that T&E and American Express process and procedure documentation and User documentation are properly maintained and that updates are done in a timely manner.
- Update user training guides as necessary.
- Process employee expense reports in accordance with established procedures
- Ensure compliance with company, local, state and federal reporting requirements
- Reconcile expense report balances on closed accounts
- Provide customer service and support to internal departments with respect to various expense report inquires and requests for assistance
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in accounts payable or related function
- Associates Degree
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated and directed
- Financial ERP systems experience-Oracle Fusion a Plus
- Executes to a high standard acts with a sense of urgency, with the end result in mind and is able to follow through to deliver exceptional results
- Collaborates works in and with teams to achieve outcomes that individuals would not have been able to achieve alone
- Strong customer service and communication skills required
- Stays in touch maintains line of sight to team and company priorities; understands and values all areas of business. Creates connections beyond own role/function