• Work with the Business Analyst and the client to identify their requirements, design enhancements, and functionality to help meet user requirements.
• Provide functional process ownership of multiple business process areas
• Organize and facilitate problem-solving discussions with the client, internal operations team, and project managers to resolve issues requiring a focused approach to maintain project continuity and requirements.
• Performs configuration work as needed to support new and existing functionality
• Responsible for Configuration reviews
• Function as resident team expert for all configuration issues (both support and project) within their areas (modules) of expertise
• Serve as functional integration owner for multiple process areas
• Prepare functionality specifications and delivers to ABAP developers
• Responsible for creating Function Design Documents (FDD) based on the Use Case Documents recreating by the Business Analyst
• Responsible for understanding Functional Specifications followed by writing corresponding Detail Design Specifications
• Responsible for developing high-quality solutions based on completed Functional Design Documents
• Responsible for reviewing the developer’s Technical Design Document (TDD) to ensure all requirements have been met
• Responsible for reviewing the unit test plans and the quality assurance plans to ensure all requirements have been met
• Responsible for supporting the developer and ensuring the developer remains on target
• Perform code reviews of other team members completed solutions
• Work with the user community to determine the best solution to help resolve customer problems and satisfy customer requirements
• Collaborate with the ABAP developers and the quality assurance team to develop and test significant new functionality and enhancements
• Perform integration testing work as necessary to ensure that new functionality or enhancements do not adversely affect existing functionality
• Ensure knowledge transfer to functional analysts as necessary to increase their understanding and utilization of the SAP systems and applications
• Coach and Mentor Junior SAP Functional Analysts
• Provide oversight to various SAP Projects to assess overall impact on shared instance
• Configure based on business requirements the SAP Payroll and Time modules
• Utilize ASAP methodology and tasks required during each phase of the implementation
• Follow all design work and integration testing protocols, change control procedures, uses standards, procedures, and practices in performing required work.
• Analyze current business processes and make recommendations
• Identify SAP solution possibilities and discuss with business users
• Develop a specific SAP Solution from Blueprinting, Configuration, Testing and Production Support
• Develop technical specifications for system enhancements
• Assist in the technical preparation of Business Process Procedures, Test Scenarios, End-user documentation, and User manuals.
• The Functional Analyst will work with minimal supervision. The analyst will be required to lead local and regional SAP module review session, requirement gathering session, facilitate requirements meetings, development walkthrough, and user acceptance testing sessions with the client.
• An ideal candidate must have minimum of 4-6 full life cycle implementations for UK Payroll and Time and 12 -15 years of overall experience in design and configuration of Payroll and Time module including but not limited to the following
• SAP payroll configuration for Gross payroll and Net Payroll, Tax Reporter configuration,
• Experience in SAP Time Module
• Experience in SAP HCM configuration, schema development and writing PCRs.
• Expertise in developing payroll functions and operations
• Experience in creating and defining custom operations and rules
• Experience with Yearend activities and support packs implementation,
• Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience executing parallel payroll testing
• Extensive experience in compliance reporting for more than 1 country
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education & Professional Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in related technical discipline and six years relevant experience
• Master’s Degree in related technical discipline and Five years relevant experience
Remote work policy
Leveraging proprietary AI and data analytics, Alight optimizes business process as a service (BPaaS) to deliver superior outcomes for employees and employers across a comprehensive portfolio of services. Alight allows employees to enrich their health, wealth and work while enabling global organizations to achieve a high-performance culture. Alight’s 15,000 dedicated ...