About Alight Solutions
With an unwavering belief that a company's success starts with its people, Alight Solutions is a leading cloud-based provider of integrated digital human capital and business solutions. Leveraging proprietary AI and data analytics, Alight optimizes business process as a service (BPaaS) to deliver superior outcomes for employees and employers across a comprehensive portfolio of services. Alight allows employees to enrich their health, wealth and work while enabling global organizations to achieve a high-performance culture. Alight's 15,000 dedicated colleagues serve more than 30 million employees and family members. Learn how Alight helps organizations of all sizes, including over 70% of the Fortune 100 at alight.com
We are proud to announce that Alight certified as a Great Place to Work for fourth consecutive year! https://bit.ly/3rcaE9y In 2021 we were also named a Best Place to Work by [email protected], earned a perfect score on the Human Right Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index and was listed among the top 100 companies for remote workers by Flexjobs. Click here https://bit.ly/3qGTguq to learn more about what makes Alight a great place to work!
The Big Data Engineer must be able to design, build and maintain enterprise level data pipelines utilizing the public cloud (AWS or Azure) based data ingestion services or ETL/ELT tools available within the big data ecosystem. The engineer will work closely with data analysts, data scientists, and database and systems administrators to create data & analytical solutions. This position is embedded within Alight's Retiree Health Solutions’ Data Science team with additional support/mentorship from Enterprise Architecture.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Design, build, deployment, of ETL/ELT data pipelines within big data ecosystems (currently using Streamsets/IICS, Impala, Hue, Spark, Python, and Cloudera) to populate cloud-based infrastructure (currently using AWS).
· Develop technical design, and ETL specification documents
· Perform complex parallel loads, cluster batch execution and dependency creation using jobs/topologies/workflows.
· Convert existing SQL stored procedures for optimal execution in Streamsets/IICS.
· Work with web service targets, XML/JSON Sources and Restful APIs.
· Manage, monitor and fine tune Hadoop cluster architecture (HDFS) jobs for performance, security and resource management.
· Create detailed designs and POCs to enable new workloads and technical capabilities on the Platform. Work with the platform and infrastructure engineers to implement these capabilities in production.
· Coordinate with Enterprise Analytics to manage workloads and enable workload optimization including resource allocation and scheduling across multiple tenants to fulfill SLAs.
· Document new/existing pipelines and datasets.
· Participate in planning activities with Data Science and Enterprise Architecture teams.
· Minimum 4 years of experience in ETL/ELT Technologies (e.g., StreamSets/Informatica (IICS particularly), Talend).
· Expert level hands-on skills on Spark, and Python programming
· Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive) deployed in the public cloud (preferably in AWS or Azure).
· Minimum 4 years of experience in data model, technical metadata, creating data objects, data warehouse and DataMart designs
· Minimum 4 years of experience in any of database technologies SQL Server, Oracle, Postgres, MySQL.
Strong exposure working with relation databases DB2, Oracle & SQL Server including complex SQL constructs and DDL generation.
· AWS or Azure certification strongly preferred
· Experience with AWS Kinesis, Firehouse, or Confluent strongly preferred.
· Experience with Cloudera Manager, Navigator, and Data Science Workbench.
· Exposure to data cataloging products like Alation or Collibra.
· Exposure to data security tools, and technologies.
· Experience with BI reporting tools like PowerBI, and Tableau
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Background Check Required
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position. Additionally, an active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Alight is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, Alight takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or national origin.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Authorization to Work in the United States
Applicants for [employment/this position] in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Alight.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act Statement. Please note, offers are being determined on an individual basis. Alight takes into consideration the candidate’s experience, education, certification/credentials, market data and internal equity. The estimated minimum salary for this role is $100,000.00/year (full-time). In addition to the base salary, this position may be bonus eligible. For specific benefit details, please visit this URL: https://bit.ly/Alight-Benefits
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Remote work policy
Leveraging proprietary AI and data analytics, Alight optimizes business process as a service (BPaaS) to deliver superior outcomes for employees and employers across a comprehensive portfolio of services. Alight allows employees to enrich their health, wealth and work while enabling global organizations to achieve a high-performance culture. Alight’s 15,000 dedicated ...