At Alight, we believe a company’s success starts with its people. It’s why we’re so driven to connect passion with purpose. Our team’s expertise in human insights and cloud technology, allows companies and employees around the world to transform and thrive.
With a competitive total rewards package, continuing education and training, and tremendous potential with a growing global organization, Alight is the perfect place to put your passion to work.
Join our team. Because transformation takes a workforce. Learn more at https://careers.alight.com
The HR & Payroll Specialist will be responsible for payroll processing and time management as well as meeting Service Level Agreements and delivering productivity and cost improvements.
· Compilation and processing of transactional Payroll and Time Data
· Process payroll requirements in payroll system (monthly, year-end, off-cycle)
· Preparation and processing of Final Settlement/Terminal Pay.
· Ensure accuracy of employee and employer contributions for statutory requirements.
· Ensure accuracy of other payments & deductions calculated by the system.
· Generation of Pay Statements and other Business reports.
· Generation of statutory reports.
· Remittance of payments for employees, government offices, and 3rd parties.
· Journal entries posting, accruals, account reconciliation (requires knowledge of company’s accounting guidelines and in-depth knowledge of payroll accounting matters).
· Interface with external customers for requests &/or issue resolution (eg. Banks, Government officers, client, vendor).
· Remittance of payments to tax authorities, government offices and 3rd parties.
· Document monthly payroll scorecard, including issue and resolution tracking.
· Acts as Tier 2 for Issue Resolution of Payroll and Time Management related matters.
· Responsible for Legal Change Management and Document Management.
· Implements internal control measures and conducts regular control self-assessments to ensure that processes meet IC requirements.
•Bachelor’s Degree or undergrad with relevant work experience
•Preferably with customer service background
•Knowledge of the Service Centre processes, policies and procedures (https://e.g. escalation procedures, service level agreements, customer service standards)
•Good to have: Workday experience
•Computer skills: MS Office, HR Databases, HR IS/IT systems and SC technology (tools for documentation/tracking, service delivery channels etc.)
•Amendable to work in a night shift schedule
•Good communication skills
•Good employment history
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Alight believes diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. And we’re committed to enabling an inclusive culture of belonging that engages all colleagues and grows the diversity of our talent to proudly represent the clients and communities we serve.
As an affirmative action employer, we adhere to the principles of equal employment opportunity in the workplace as defined in our diversity policy statement.
Diversity Policy Statement
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities and sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
Authorization to work in the Employing Country
Applicants for employment in the country in which they are applying (Employing Country) must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the Employing Country and with Alight.
Note, this job description does not restrict management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.