The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Traffic Consultant role supports the flow of customer interactions and staffing to meet SLAs in a multi-channel business environment. Key activities include the day-to-day management of service levels within the contact centers from monthly down to half-hour interval levels, providing reporting and analytics on real time performance and accepting first notice of outage/system issue calls and troubleshoots in order to determine scope, severity and duration of event. PLEASE NOTE- There are specific WORK HOURS for this role: 1st and 2nd shift (9am CST to 6pm CST) Mon- Fri. This role is considered a "Floater" and will provide coverage to other teammates when needed, on average this position will work 2 Saturdays and 2 Sundays per month (any weekend day worked you will be able to take off a midweek work day- swapping days).
• Works with local call center staff in order to quickly identify changing allocation needs including training, client visit, etc
• Leverage workforce planning tools, Cisco or AWS tools, CRM databases, Microsoft Outlook, and other reporting to minimize client wait times and optimize service levels.
• Collection, analysis, and reporting of the historical center and client performance statistics
• Accepts first notice of outage/system issue calls as well as conducting troubleshooting at first notice in order to determine scope, severity and duration of event
• Properly escalates internally as per guidelines in a timely and accurate manner
• Maintains steady communication during outage including establishing a bridge line in order to facilitate communication, gathering data in support of discovery and resolution, etc
• Completes all reporting as specified including intra-day production reporting, client-based reporting, period reporting, and ad hoc reporting. Ensures data accuracy and timely distribution of reporting activity
• Support testing efforts for new 800# set-up, routing changes, and decommission of 800#s
• Provides strategic recommendation to business regarding resource optimization including CSR skill-based routing, call structure, delivery channel, technology-based optimization, etc
• Provides support for local call center staff real time and staffing resources
• Provides ongoing feedback and communication related to site performance and process improvement opportunities
• Identifies and implements process improvements to increase accuracy and/or reporting data
This job does not have supervisory duties.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 2 or more years of related experience
• Ability to work with Avaya Centre Vu, business objects, and e-WorkForce management applications
• Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge and PC/software skills necessary
• Strong Microsoft Excel proficiency, including the ability to create complex formulas and pivot tables, use macros, and produce meaningful reports with visualizations.
• Ability to translate data into information with appropriate business context
• Strong math/statistical aptitude with attention to detail
• Ability to perform many concurrent assignments and determine the need for changing priorities
• Effective verbal and written communications
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines, strong attention to detail
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Team player with regular IT interface
• Able to maintain calm during a crisis
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $57,500.00-$94,625.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
More than just an insurance company, Allstate is a consumer-focused, data-driven company that’s constantly redefining what it means to be protected. Through its commitment to growth and innovation over the last 90 years, Allstate is establishing itself as a leader of new technology in the industry. The company places a strong emphasis on professional development and ...