The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Code: 70013182
This job is responsible for investigating complex and occasionally highly complex claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which typically will include: Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims. The individual also handles claims involved in litigation, arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, trial, or arbitrations. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved.
• Manages, researches, and resolves complex and occasionally highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
• Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
• Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in complex and occasionally highly complex claims involving single or multiple claimants and determines claim value
• Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
• Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
• Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
• Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
• Researches and responds to or resolves complex compliance issues
This job does not have supervisory duties.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• 3 or more years of related experience
• Applies advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
• Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
• Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
• Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
• Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
• Applies advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
• Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle complex and occasionally highly complex claims
If you have an active adjuster license in FL, TX or Home State (Re-Hires only eligible if been 12+ months since left Allstate), you may qualify for a $1,000.00 sign on bonus.
If you have 2+ years of prior Represented and/or Litigation experience, you may qualify for up to a $2,000.00 sign on bonus.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $61,500.00-$105,750.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
More than just an insurance company, Allstate is a consumer-focused, data-driven company that’s constantly redefining what it means to be protected. Through its commitment to growth and innovation over the last 90 years, Allstate is establishing itself as a leader of new technology in the industry. The company places a strong emphasis on professional development and ...