ars we've thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever's coming next - to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We've been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don't follow the trends. We set them.
Provides legal advice and counsel to Allstate's Claims department on extra-contractual liability on behalf of Allstate's Global Litigation group. Collaborates and aligns on strategy, action planning, and communication on matters in litigation with Allstate's Claims department, Allstate's business units, and other areas of Law and Regulation and outside counsel. Proactively provides counsel on emerging legal issues and risk. Counsels Allstate's Claims department and business units on strategic initiatives, and serves on project teams as needed to provide legal advice. Provides project management, coordination, and collaboration between legal teams within L&R and with business clients. Conducts research, substantive drafting, reviewing, advising, and negotiating for more complex matters.
• Review and evaluate claims for extra-contractual liability and develop appropriate strategies for matters assigned
• Draft and present strategic recommendations to claims leadership and business units.
• Collaborate with outside counsel, including review of pleadings, discovery responses, deposition preparation, trial strategy, post-trial strategy
• Communicate case status, trends, strategy and updates to other attorneys, business partners, and board and audit functions as needed
• Perform due diligence; gather all relevant facts and documents; play a lead role in work with Law Clerks, Paralegals and/or other Attorneys in due
• Conduct complex research and determine applicable and pertinent laws, statutes, regulations, rules, and other legal authority; identify legal issues and make strategic recommendations
• Gather facts from client to understand strategic goals and objectives client intends to achieve from intended action
• Lead project management initiatives for complex projects, including coordination, and collaboration between legal teams within L&R and with business clients, as appropriate
• Work with business colleagues to develop and implement change
This job does not have supervisory duties.
Education and Experience:
• Juris Doctor (Required)
• 5 or more years of experience (Preferred)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Active bar admission and license to practice in at least one U.S. state (Required)
• Budget management skills
• Project management skills and law firm/vendor management experience
• Able to interact with all levels of personnel and supervise/oversee the work of more junior resources
• Utilizes subject matter expertise to coach and guide less experienced team members
• Computer skills, including MS Office suite, used in or related to the tasks performed
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $82,000.00-$146,125.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary - but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate's benefits, visit https://https://www.allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter , Facebook , Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video .
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click " here " for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click " here " for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster click " here ". This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click " here ". This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company's policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee's ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.