The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The NOC Engineer helps to manage and assists with the research, administration, and maintenance of new or existing voice, network, or cloud technology components. The NOC Engineer utilizes proven systems, scripting, and developer skills to execute on tasks related to onboarding technology, incident management, and problem management. The role also recommends working closely with engineering teams to provide feedback that can help improve system availability.
The NOC Engineer has a broad understanding of Enterprise Infrastructure systems including Network, Security, Voice and Cloud technologies, preferably in an operations role. While also being a subject matter expert of one or more of these systems but can provide level 1 support following operating procedures.
S/he will also have a basic understanding of how to automate and or orchestrate repairs so we can focus on engineering.
• Troubleshooting incidents from a queue, Sev4 or on conference bridges, Sev1-3. Shift is Friday ,Saturday and Sunday 12 hour shift. (9am to 10pm) Full time
• Create or improve standard operating procedures based on what occurs to get us from red to green.
• Create and manage problem follow ups with your team and engineering to help improvement system reliability in the future or teach others what you learned.
• Possesses a continuous improvement mindset with the team, embracing a DevOps culture and constantly finds ways to make our systems more reliable.
• Utilizes existing tools and leverage opensource solutions to automate tasks with an emphasis on scalability and reliability.
• Regularly assess our metrics to identify trends in incidents to create problem records to improve our systems and automating patterns.
• Creates automation that remediates areas of concern within the systems we support.
• Follow software development best practices including version control, using a CI/CD pipeline, and security.
• Identify improvements focusing on strategy, service integration, monitoring, documentation, and Automation opportunities. Work with leadership to make the team better.
• Continuously learning about other technologies that the NOC manages inclusive of Cloud, Network, Voice, Windows, Linux, Storage, and Backup. Capable of working any SOP in any other queue on an ad-hoc basis, based on coverage.
• Facilitating or running calls related to anything mentioned above.
Education: College degree or equivalent work experience.
Related experience: 3-5 years of experience in one or more technology areas.
- Highly self-motivated and ability to work in a global team environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Great communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Active participant in incident calls or meetings
- Works well under pressure.
- Must have
- Knowledge of SIP, H.323, VoIP, Avaya infrastructure including ASM, AES, ASA, One-X, and Verint.
- (Preferred)Oracle SBC's, IP-PBXs (VoIP/SIP), legacy PBX systems (TDM), call management systems, various voicemail systems, IP/SIP soft-phones, IP Phones, automatic call distribution (ACD) (Call Center) and interactive voice response (IVR) systems.
- Knowledge of multiple technologies such as: Cisco Routers & Switches, Nexus, ASR, ISR product lines, Cisco IOS, NX-OS, ACI, IPSEC
- Knowledge of one or more of the following technologies including DDI systems, F5 SLB, Squid proxies, and Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Experience with AWS or Azure platforms.
- Knowledge of networking technologies, topologies, and protocols. (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, QOS, SNMP, Rest API, STP, HSRP, switching technologies, VLANs, Firewalls, Ethernet)
- Experience with one or more programming languages, (Power shell, Python, Yaml, or Groovy)
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure DevOps tools such as, JSON, VXML, GitHub, Ansible, bash, & Jenkins
- Knowledge of the building, deploying, and operating distributed services and monitoring for production networks
- Knowledge of Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
- Avaya- 3
- Automation – 3
- Cisco routing, switching, and Wireless - 2
- Palo Alto Firewalls – 1
- Squid Proxy - 1
- Red Hat - 1
- F5 Global and local traffic management - 2
- Infoblox DDI – 1
Compensation offered for this role is $52,500.00-$93,500.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.
More than just an insurance company, Allstate is a consumer-focused, data-driven company that’s constantly redefining what it means to be protected. Through its commitment to growth and innovation over the last 90 years, Allstate is establishing itself as a leader of new technology in the industry. The company places a strong emphasis on professional development and ...