e thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection.
We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Being a part of Allstate means you receive a benefits package from Day 1 of employment. This includes time off, healthcare, retirement, and more. That is why as an Allstater you’ll enjoy a Total Rewards package that includes:
• Competitive pay with needed support for continuous development and career advancement.
• Flexibility in scheduling and a time off policy that helps support your work/life balance.
• Initial and ongoing training to get you proficient in your new role
• Comprehensive benefits like a 401K / pension, education reimbursement, and programs to help you balance work with the rest of your life.
Visit https://www.allstategoodlife.com to learn more.
Based on our Company Car Guidelines, this role may qualify for a company car. Our leadership team determines this based on annual work mileage for this location. You may be required to use your personal vehicle until these guidelines are met. We offer mileage reimbursements for personal vehicle usage during work.”
As an Obvious Total Loss Adjuster - Copart, you will play a pivotal role in our claims handling process, focusing on determining the repairability or total loss of vehicles. Your primary workspace will be at the Copart facility where you will spend the majority of your time. On other occasions, you will work from your home office. Your responsibilities will include reviewing moderate to complex damages, preparing estimates and valuations, assessing vehicle conditions, determining salvage valuations, and engaging in negotiation and settlement processes with our valued customers.
You’ll wear a few hats to fill a few roles throughout your day that all require a level of experience:
The Customer Service Expert –you’ll live into Allstate’s Claims Culture by caring, empowering, and restoring, and you will accomplish that by being compassionate, clear, and a committed partner in each Auto property damage claim. You lead with empathy, always.
The Investigator – you’ll confidently and independently investigate auto property damage claims by conducting detailed reviews of damage. You will also identify appropriate options, conditions, and unrelated prior damages that apply to your total loss evaluation. Your final determination will help you reach a fair and reasonable settlement with our customers.
The Effective Communicator – you’ll use phone, emails and sometimes even video chat with shops and customers to help them through a fast, fair, and easy claims process. Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts, or issues. Developing and maintaining partnerships with shops and storage yards will require you to apply your learned knowledge and communication skills.
The Negotiator – In accordance with all legal and business standards methodologies, you will evaluate and negotiate claims and repair or total loss processes with customer, shops, and storage yards. During negotiations, you will incorporate tactics to handle challenging and complex situations.
The Problem Solver – Your sharp critical thinking skills will be put to use in a fast-paced environment as you work with multiple tools, including estimating platforms, analysis reports, and standard processes. Using your well-honed communication skills, you'll be able to coach others to adhere to industry standards and company best practices, and continuous improvement.
• You must have 12 months or more of Auto Collision estimating in CCC One, Audatex, or Mitchell
• You have a High School Diploma or a GED
• Previous experience in total loss adjustment or a related field is highly desirable.
• Proficiency in using estimating software and valuation tools for virtual assessments.
• Strong analytical skills to evaluate moderate to complex vehicle damages effectively.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills to interact with customers and stakeholders remotely.
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently in a virtual work environment.
• Detail-oriented and organized, with a commitment to delivering accurate and timely results.
• This position is not available for California, Alaska, and Hawaii residents.
• As a condition of employment, your office / area may require you to obtain an adjuster and / or an appraiser license. If applicable, you will be required to secure license(s) within 60 days of hire.
• If required, the Hiring Manager will work with you along with the Centralized Licensing team to ensure that you are properly licensed.
• Sign-on Bonus: You may be eligible for a $1000 Licensing Sign on Bonus if you have the applicable active licenses needed for this role. This could include Home Resident Property & Casualty License, Designated Home State (DHS) Florida or Texas License, and/or applicable Appraiser License. "Candidates who have previously worked for and are seeking to be rehired at Allstate and its family of companies are not eligible for this sign-on bonus."
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $52,https://500.00-$83,https://250.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit https://www.allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.