insured within established corporate guidelines and the applicable code of professional responsibility. You will handle files and complex issues and communicate with client regarding file status and progress.
- You will analyze file as litigation progresses. You will evaluate cases and seek settlement.
- You will conduct discovery (https://e.g. written interrogatories, requests for production of documents, and depositions).
- You will conduct motion practice.
- You will draft all necessary pleadings, papers and briefs to promote litigation. You will conduct necessary research to support drafting activities.
- You will advocate client position in all forums (state and federal court, alternative dispute resolution, administrative tribunals and regulatory hearings) and circumstances. You will negotiate in the resolution of claims and other issues.
- You will stay current on state statutes and court decisions and analyze how statutes and court decisions affect the interpretation and enforceability of the policy provisions. You may have or develop areas of specialty practice (https://e.g. special property, workers` compensation, environmental law, commercial coverage).
- You will participate in divisional or corporate projects as assigned.
- You will develop and deliver presentations for other departments to inform personnel on how the law affects their job responsibilities.
- 5–15 Years experience preparing civil pleadings, motions and discovery and deposing witnesses.
- Demonstrated litigation experience.
- Solid knowledge of rules of Professional Responsibility for the jurisdiction in which they practice.
- Solid knowledge of tort, contract, and insurance law.
- Admission to the Washington State Bar or eligibility for admission to the bar and obtaining admission within a year of hiring.
- Juris Doctor
- Washington state licensed
This position is considered for a Full-Time Remote work arrangement. The preferred location for this role is Washington state.
- This position requires travel up to 50% of the time.
We provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed above. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!