At American Family Insurance Claims Services (AFICS, Inc.), we're embarking on a transformation of our claims capabilities that will put customers at the center of what we do best – protecting and restoring their dreams when they need us most.
We’re leveraging our expertise, technology, and new ways of working to actively reinvent one of America’s largest industries—creating positive impact that empowers our customers, communities, and company to thrive. We are problem solvers who ask critical questions and consistently tackle challenges big and small. Together, we disrupt what’s expected of insurance.
You will work in the field and handle homeowner property field claims in the (Atlanta, GA) area. You must be located within that area. A company fleet vehicle is provided with the https://position.Compensation Minimum:$53,300 / yearCompensation Maximum:$83,800 / year
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Job Level Summary
- As a Field Claims Adjuster, you will continue to build knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
- You will perform a broad range of assignments related to the job discipline.
- You will use prescribed guidelines in analyzing situations.
- You will receive a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- You will investigate origin and cause of claims by contacting the appropriate parties including insureds, claimants, agents, attorneys, contractors, experts, special investigation unit, other adjusters, public personnel, etc.
- You will identify complex issues and seek assistance. You will handle claims on a good faith basis.
- You will handle both 1st party and 3rd party claims under multiple policy types and numerous endorsements.
- You will conduct on-site inspections, evaluate damages, and handle claim negotiations with insureds, claimants, attorneys, and public adjusters.
- You will respond to customer inquiries, and close files.
- You will interpret and determine policies, leases, by-laws, declarations, articles and contract coverages and apply to all parties for assigned losses.
- You will provide all parties with claim process and status; answer questions or redirect to other areas.
- This position requires the ability to climb or balance between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to work with distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) for extended periods of time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl between 1 and 33% of the time (applies to field position only).
- This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds between 1 and 33% of the time.
Education & Licenses
- Valid driver's license required plus an acceptable driving record.
- Obtain state specific property casualty claims licensing as required.
- This position requires the ability to work in high, precarious places between 1 and 33% of the time.
- This position requires the ability to work with exposure to outside weather conditions between 66 and 100% of the time (applies to field position only).
Specialized Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service.
- Demonstrated experience handling 1st and 3rd party, multi-line claims across our operating territories.
- Demonstrated experience handling moderately complex claims.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of policies and endorsements related to casualty coverages.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of each phase of the claim handling process.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
- Must be willing to travel for Catastrophe duty if necessary.
- Catastrophe specific roles requires travel up to 75% if the time .
The candidate(s) selected for this role will be employed by AFICS, Inc. (American Family Insurance Claims Services, Inc.), an affiliate of American Family Mutual Insurance Company, https://S.I.
We provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all of the requirements listed above. Skills can be used in many different ways, and your life and professional experience may be relevant beyond what a list of requirements will capture. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!