This position will provide strategic business-focused support and analysis to the Banking and Cash Solutions business unit. It will be part of the office of the President, Ameriprise Bank, FSB and Ameriprise Certificate Company and GM Banking and Cash Solutions (BCS) and will report to the VP- Business Program Management. This role will be responsible for supporting the senior leaders and the BCS organization through independent coordination of deliverables and initiatives including coordination of staff agendas, budget management, business metrics and reporting, communications and presentations and other initiatives to drive the department’s business agenda. This role functions as an extension of the leader and frequently represents the senior leader at meetings communicating on their behalf.
Manage ongoing cyclical processes. Plan, coordinate, and administer department programs and ensure delivery of key tasks to support organizational effectiveness. This includes, amongst other things, assisting in managing the annual plan process for the business unit, organizational metrics, goals, tracking and reporting, DEI initiatives and oversight of employee activities to drive employee engagement. Often partner with other functional areas, such as Finance, HR, Risk, Compliance, Marketing, Legal, Corporate Communications, ELT Office(s) etc. to accomplish responsibilities.
• Prepare business line review presentations, communications, and speeches for the Bank President, which generally involve presentations to employees, advisor, or management groups. Will also be accountable for developing draft materials for meetings such as Business Line Reviews (BLRs), Health of Business Reviews (HOBs), Plan Reviews, etc. with senior executive leadership, regulators and Board of Directors.
• Act as the Secretary of the Product and Marketing Committee (a regulatory requirement) and work directly with the Bank President/GM of BCS who is the Chairman of the committee.
• Assist in cross-organization projects and initiatives to ensure business initiatives are moving forward. This may include the development and maintenance of work plans at the required level of detail showing key dependencies, resources, timeframe for completion of the project and key deliverables.
• May provide direct or indirect leadership and direction to others, including coaching, mentoring and annual performance reviews where applicable
• 7+ years’ professional work experience in a related field; corporate finance and/or consulting experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to work with all levels of the organization, as well as being able to represent the senior leader internally and externally.
• Strong strategic, analytical, judgment and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze data, develop compelling solutions and/or recommendations.
• Proven project management skills with strong organizational skills. Strong attention to detail to ensure deadlines are met and work product is accurate.
• Excellent relationship, collaboration and interpersonal skills, along with the demonstrated ability to work cross-organizationally. Self-starter with demonstrated ability to leverage resources to execute responsibilities
• Problem-solver – brings solutions and not problems.
• Proficiency w/ computer programs (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with undefined processes, tight deadlines, and frequently changing priorities.
• Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality due to accessing and handling sensitive information.
• Relevant Finance background
• Consulting experience
• Solid understanding of Bank products.
• Excellent understanding of various facets of the Ameriprise organization; including insight into various business units and the Field organization.
• Experience or knowledge of Banking and Cash Solutions
About Our Company
At Ameriprise Financial, we’re not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals – we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you’re motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.
New York Residents Only: The estimated base salary for this role is $115,900 - $156,500/year. Base salaries are determined in part based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and geographical work location. In addition, most of our roles are eligible for variable pay in the form of bonus, commissions, and/or long-term incentives depending on the role. We also have a competitive and comprehensive benefits program that support all aspects of your health and well-being.
For more than 125 years, Ameriprise has remained true to our vision of putting our clients' interests first. Ameriprise is a company with integrity. Integrity has been a core value since we were founded by John Tappan in 1894. It's how, through panics, recessions, the Great Depression, and the recent Great Recession, we've grown into a global financial leader. We've never ...