What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. This is a field-based position for the Cardiovascular Metabolic Medical Science Liaison (CVM MSL) therapeutic area within the US Medical team. The territory will include South Houston/Rio Grande Valley, Texas. The CVM MSL will interact with Cardiology Opinion Leaders and Healthcare Decision Makers to communicate and advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen's company goals and objectives. Accountabilities and Responsibilities for the CVM MSL include:
- Field-based medical guide in the Medical Science Liaison (MSL) group within the medical organization
- An integral position in communicating accurate, clear, and valued information regarding our science and products to multiple levels within the medical community and are responsible for providing field observations to internal customers
- Support Scientific Engagement Plan (SEP) in developing local territory R&D tactics
- Engage with healthcare collaborators to educate and communicate clinical and scientific data to advance the scientific platform as aligned with Amgen’s company goals and objectives
- Educate and communicate clinical value, outcomes, and economic data to payers, providers, key collaborators, advocacy, and access enablers
- Respond to unsolicited inquiries consistent with the MSL compliance standards
- Provide and/or present field observations and insights to internal collaborators
- Complete scientific engagement plan according to annual MSL goals and metrics
- Develop and implement local OL plans in line with scientific engagement plan
- Support speaker training as requested and ensure the speakers are updated on new data
- Support Amgen sponsored research and may serve as a study lead
- Liaise with potential investigators in non-sponsored clinical research
- Lead and/or participate on project teams that support MSL strategies and tactics as delegated by MSL leadership
- Advance MSL value proposition, identify gaps, achieve results, and set an example for others to follow by consistently demonstrating Amgen values and leadership attributes. Demonstrate tact and integrity when communicating and interacting with others
- Lead and support congress activities as aligned with strategy
- Compliantly collaborate with cross-functional colleagues. May serve as main point of contact
- Maintain clinical competence and expertise and timely completion of assigned training.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is a with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree and 3 years of Medical Science Liaison Experience
- Pharm.D., Ph.D., M.D., D.O., DNP (other doctoral degrees considered)
- Five or more years in a medically related field, including 1 year passionate about clinical practice, clinical research, or medical research. Experience in a medically related field can include post-doctoral training (i.e., residencies and/or fellowships)
- Cardiovascular expertise preferred
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
The annual base salary range for this opportunity in the U.S. is provided below.
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
170,612.00 USD - 196,460.00 USD