r functions as the operations lead for the Field Medical capabilities. As a business representative, the operations manager will drive development, execution, and implementation of solutions. Projects may include system enhancements for key capability systems, process improvement or development solutions, technology delivery solutions and training development and delivery.
- Leads and facilitates operational activities to plan, build, implement, launch, and maintain the capability in accordance with strategy, vision, goals & roadmap
- Executes operations activities for the capability and ensures timely and quality delivery of capability plans in partnership with capability leads and leadership team
- Proactively communicate with all applicable teams across functions and geographies to ensure alignment with capability plans & to seek opportunities for innovation and improvements.
- Serve as business authority, advocate, and point of contact on technology & process related issues within designated capability
- Collaborate with analytics lead to identify, implement, and manage the key performance indicators metrics, dashboards, and other analytic needs
- Continually assess the landscape and assess opportunities to improve, standardize or streamline the business capability
- Lead efforts to optimize our CRM and data ecosystems
- Owns the build/ assessment/ maintenance of the end-to-end capability (Process, System, Reports and Analytics) lifecycle management, upgrade and enhancements and working with Information Systems as a key partner in delivery
- Own all relevant training material, updates, technology related to the systems/process. Partner with Global Learning and Performance to help determine strategy, content, and execution of training programs to enhance MSL effectiveness in the field
- Manage and maintain all aspects of Access Management with offshore support team
- Support recruitment, coaching, mentoring and development of team members as appropriate
- Support vendor management activities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Field Medical Operations Manager with have these qualifications.
Doctorate degree OR Master's degree and 2 years of work experience OR Bachelor's degree and 4 years of work experience OR Associates degree and 10 years of work experience OR High school diploma / GED and 12 years of work experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in life science, computer science, business administration or related discipline
- 6+ years' work experience in systems, business, or project management in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech arena
- 4+ years' experience in leading systems or analytics projects
- 2+ years' experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, Business Insights and Analytics tools
- Technical proficiency with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong understanding and experience in the use of performance management techniques, measures, problem solving and analytical thinking
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry guidelines, Good Clinical Practice and legal/health system environment
- Proficient in application software and analytical development methodologies in a validated system environment
- Proficient in analytical and interpretation activities and able to present insights based on business insight and subject matter expertise to a wide variety of audiences in both written and verbal formats
- Effective working in a team/matrix environment
- Experience in Medical Affairs is preferred
- Strong project management experience
- Specialist knowledge / experience in life sciences, computer science or a medically related field
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
112,115.00 USD - 154,118.00 USD