osely work with the global finance R&D organization and is supported by the China commercial finance organization.
The Senior Manager will report to the China CFO.
Will be responsible for leading Amgen China’s BeiGene collaboration and R&D financial activities. This requires substantive Financial Planning, Finance Process & Controls and F&A knowledge and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Amgen China’s BeiGene collaboration:
- Managing external relationship with respective BeiGene counterparts.
- Act as Amgen China’s BeiGene collaboration liaison.
- Manage execution of collaboration planning and reporting for the Long Range Plan, Forecast, Budget, and applicable Forecast-to-Actual variance reporting processes.
- Deliver timely and insightful financial analytics to senior-level executives.
- Review Collaboration related key month / quarter end deliverables from BeiGene.
- Working with China and Regional GM to prepare and support Joint Alliance Committee activities.
- Manage the overall collaboration planning and close calendar for the China Finance Team.
- Present results and analysis of collaboration performance to Amgen Finance leadership.
- This role is accountable for projects of notable risk and to develop functional standards.
- Initiate and implement process improvements to enhance collaboration process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Strictly follow and enhance controls that are critical to manage financial risks.
- Independent review of invoices and payments critical to ensure correct financial flows.
- The successful candidate will take initiative and provide leadership/support on multiple projects.
China R&D Legal Entity:
- Responsible for budget and forecast for China R&D legal entity
- Responsible for the accurate annual statutory financial reporting, sign off the audit report.
- Oversee the R&D tax filing (CIT, VAT, sur-tax and IIT) activities done by Tax team.
- Managing external service providers and collaborating with finance teams in global headquarters and commercial finance team in China
- Responsible for internal control process, and External & Internal audit coordination
- Acting as finance business partner to lead of R&D legal entity
- Working with key business and functional leaders as finance business partner
The qualified candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of finance experience. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, a strong teamwork focus, MNC experience and strong English skills are also essential. Work experience in the pharma industry is a plus. Problem solving skills are critical and the candidate needs to apply analytic thoughts and innovation.
- An undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting is required; and
- A Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting or a Law Degree is preferred
Experience and qualifications should include:
- At least 10 years of experience in Financial Planning or Cost Accounting in an MNC environment;
- Experience directly managing people and/or leadership experience leading teams, projects, programs;
- Demonstrated leadership experience with change management in the areas of processes and systems;
- Problem solving and analytical skills including the ability to synthesize and manage complex data sets into meaningful and clear insights;
- Preferred: Experience with a https://U.S. multinational corporation;
- Preferred: Experience with the pharmaceutical, biotech or high-tech industry;
- Preferred: SAP & Hyperion system experience; and
- Important: Ability to speak proficient English and Mandarin
On a personal level, the Senior Manager should:
- Be an experienced professional who functions in a fast-paced environment with minimum guidance
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Possess excellent communication skills to work with all levels of staff and management
- Demonstrate leadership capability and team leader/player skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational, planning and project management skills
- Being hands-on and on-top of details, while also keeping strategic view and being able to communicate on aggregated level to Senior Leaders
- Problem solving and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify and solve challenges