he best in-class drug substance manufacturing technologies with embedded industry https://4.0 capabilities, but it will also integrate sustainability innovations to reduce carbon and waste, as part of Amgen's plan to be a carbon-neutral company by 2027.
Maintenance Technician – Utilities
What you will do
Let’s do this! Let’s change the world! In this valuable role you will provide technical expertise and guidance supporting the start-up of the plant utilities and daily operations.
During construction phase:
- Partner with the Capital Project Delivery Team representing Site Operations to providing technical support associated with the start-up, commissioning, and qualification of the wide variety of equipment and systems used in Manufacturing, Laboratories, Utilities, and other areas at the site.
- Support implementation of the Maintenance program meeting all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and safety requirements, local/ global regulations, and Amgen Maintenance excellence standards.
- Support development, writing and implementation of the Maintenance program documentation including Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Change Control (CCMS), Non-Conformance (NC), Work Orders (WO), Job Plans (JP), Hazard Risk Assessments (HRA), Job Hazard Assessments (JHA), etc.
- Ensure maintenance activities are accomplished in a safe manner during plant construction and start-up operations.
Post-Construction completion and continued operations:
- Perform intermediate installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, testing and documentation/logs of process and utility equipment.
- Perform operations, maintenance and repair activities on utility equipment and systems providing utilities serving Manufacturing, Lab, and various operations across the ANC site:
- Specific plant systems include: steam, chilled water, compressed air, cooling tower water, and heating hot water.
- Specific Manufacturing and Lab utility systems include: clean steam, water for injection (WFI), process cooling water, process air, process gases, process waste, HVAC systems, walk-in cold rooms and freezers, and other environmental control units (chambers).
- Maintenance activities include: inspections, testing, minor/major equipment overhauls, pump rebuild/replacements, valve rebuild/replacements, HVAC troubleshooting/repair, piping modification/repair, etc.
- Additional responsibilities include partnering with maintenance service providers and equipment vendors.
- Complete quality and safety documentation and completion of work in a safe, compliant, and timely manner according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while aligning with GMPs, SOPs and Amgen policies and regulations.
- Work in a highly productive and efficient manner to maximize the quantity of activities completed with focus on maintenance excellence.
- Ensure work is appropriately communicated to system operators and key stakeholders.
- Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately.
- Review maintenance reports, forms, plans and records.
- Identify waste, work-flow interrupters, and other opportunities for improvement, recommend solutions, and assist with implementation.
- Identify opportunities to learn new skills and actively participate in development that will improve overall team performance.
- Represent the Utilities Maintenance team in discussions and meetings with management and peers.
- Provide facility and manufacturing support as needed with on-call rotation - this may be outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
In this role, you will be expected to work a 12-hour shift (either days OR nights, 6AM/PM - 6PM/AM) on a 2-week rotating schedule. This includes extra benefits such as receiving an added 15% shift differential!
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Maintenance teammate we seek is a dynamic candidate with these qualifications.
- High School Diploma / GED and 4 years of Utility Operations or Maintenance experience
- 2 years in a Technical School setting with hands-on experience in Utility Operations or Maintenance experience
- Associate’s Degree and 2 years of Utility Operations or Maintenance experience
- 2+ years knowledge of utility operations and mechanical maintenance with an emphasis on plant utility equipment and systems (chillers, boilers, cooling towers, air compressors, etc.) and ability to effectively perform associated maintenance activities.
- Knowledge and experience within a cGMP or other highly regulated environment.
- Experience executing and documenting maintenance work orders in a computerized maintenance management system.
- Ability to interpret P&ID's.
- Ability to work with minimum direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and status of tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact constructively with peers/teams.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission – to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
67,https://204.00 USD - 82,https://445.00 USD