HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve worked hard to become the professional you are today and are now ready to take the next step in your career. How will you put your skills, experience and passion to work toward your goals? At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Come do your best work alongside other innovative, driven professionals in this meaningful role.
Sr. Executive Assistant
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will responsible for providing senior level administrative support.
- Proactively manage the AVP’s calendar with a focus on efficient time utilization and time conflict management, ensuring that executive is appropriately prepared for and represented at all forums
- Proactively identify errors or possible suggestions for meeting attendees or meeting agendas
- Ensure pre-read documents are in place in advance of key meetings, as appropriate
- Plan and organize work to ensure accurate and logical organization of files/documents/records, ensure effective control of forms, and control confidentiality of files
- Coordinate arrangements for and implement key tasks to effectively manage a variety of global business meetings using Webex and other technologies
- Maintain a keen awareness of and sensitivity to global time zones, as many of our staff and business partners are based globally; therefore, be flexible with working hours
- Schedule, coordinate, and track events reflected on AVP’s calendar, including all-staff meetings and special events
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements amidst dynamic business requirements
- Plan agendas for AVP Direct Report meetings and track action items
- Review, prioritize, and flag high priority communications (emails and documentation) as requested, particularly regarding AVP’s TAG Chair position, monitoring MS Teams channels and making sure time is held on calendar to review agendas, minutes, memos.
- Answer questions/furnish information to keep the executive’s time free of minor detail work, including screening and directing incoming calls and correspondence
- Compose and edit correspondence on behalf of the AVP
- Prepare and process expense reports
- Ensure AVP’s pending approvals are tended to in a timely manner
- Assist AVP by keeping all electronic devices up-to-date and ability to troubleshoot issues
- Provide back-up administrative support to other functions within GMAC as needed
- Manage multiple priorities in a constantly evolving environment
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The administrative professional we seek is a self-starter with these qualifications.
Associate’s degree and 4 years of administrative experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of administrative experience
Bachelor’s degree and direct experience supporting a senior executive for a large corporation
- 5+ years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Amgen experience
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality, as well as judgment, creativity, flexibility, and initiative in resolving issues
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to prioritize projects of greater vitality and importance
- Expert level PC skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, database skills, SharePoint, and advanced typing skills
- Team Player: ability to collaborate effectively with peers and across functions
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills in communicating key business and clinical information
- Excellent time management and project management skills
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
This position will be paid on an hourly basis. The annualized base pay range for this opportunity in the https://U.S. is $83,950-$102,https://860.00
In addition to the base salary, Amgen offers a Total Rewards Plan comprising health and welfare plans for staff and eligible dependents, financial plans with opportunities to save towards retirement or other goals, work/life balance, and career development opportunities including:
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
83,https://950.00 USD - 102,https://860.00 USD