- Providing ongoing governance oversight, encourage sharing of standard methodologies and developing of process improvements
- Working with suppliers and internal customers (typically up to Director level) to identify, lead, bring up and resolve issues related to supplier performance
- Measuring supplier performance and reporting performance feedback to internal partners and suppliers
- Identifying, assessing and handling supplier risks and communicating appropriately
- Chairing and running supplier governance meetings
- Supporting business functions with selection and development of new suppliers including identifying business needs for new suppliers and supporting final decision on selection of suppliers
- Identify functional standard methodologies and process improvements and coordinating their implementation for suppliers by:
- Communicating and standardizing standard processes across supplier types
- Ensuring adherence to standard processes by Amgen functional areas
- Liaise with functional areas across the R&D organization to ensure internal business needs are being met
- Ensure quality oversight of SG-managed Purchase Orders (POs): Statement of Work discussions, funding requests through established financial processes, PO implementation, ongoing budget review, and PO closure
- Commit to, and as appropriate, lead departmental and cross-functional initiatives and special projects as identified by management or business need
Be part of our team
R&D Supplier Governance is a distributed team working as part of Amgen’s Global Development Operations function. We are tasked with ensuring appropriate governance and oversight of Global Development Operations suppliers supporting achievement of Ph1-4 clinical trials. Working across the R&D organisation to improve the value acquired from partnerships with external providers.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. What we seek in you as an experienced professional, are these qualifications and skills:
- Ideally hold a degree plus at least 4 years of relevant industry experience
- Work experience in life sciences or medically related field, including biopharmaceutical clinical research experience (clinical research experience acquired working on clinical trials at a biotech, pharmaceutical or Contract Research Organization -CRO- company)
- Experience at, or oversight of, clinical research suppliers in Full Service or FSP model (CROs, Site Management Organization, Patient recruitment, data management, clinical trial technology etc)
- Experience working in a global, matrix organization
- Knowledge of Good Clinical Practices (GCP), FDA regulations and guidelines
and international regulatory requirements/guidelines
- Project management/project planning experience
- Proficiency in anticipating and resolving problems
- Experience writing and communicating clearly on scientific and clinical issues
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, supervisory skills
- Professional collaboration and leadership skill
Location: Uxbridge or Cambridge
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.