HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Do more with the knowledge you’re working hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Through this program, you will acquire the valuable hands-on skills and foundational experience to become the professional you are meant to be in your chosen field.
Undergrad Intern – Business Development (Summer 2024)
This could be your everyday
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. During this program, you will work with various Business Development (BD) deal teams supporting, analyzing and executing transactions designed to meet Amgen’s strategic objectives in Mergers and Acquisitions, Partnerships and Licensing. BD is the core function to bring external innovation to Amgen and build win-win partnerships with peer companies in the industry. The summer internship experience is project-based. You will be tasked with a meaningful and relevant business question that pushes you to think strategically, to learn perspectives from cross-functional teams and gain exposure with top executives. You will be invited to various summer experiences including but not limited to, executive speaker events, deep dive on various BD functions and networking with other Internship Programs in Amgen.
- Liaising and working closely with senior levels
- Analyzing competitive landscapes for therapeutic or geographic areas to develop potential targets
- Building financial valuation and transaction models
- Performing scenario analysis to assess economic impact
- Assisting in planning and/or running transaction and BD operations processes
- Preparing materials for internal governance and cross-functional team meetings
- Supporting negotiations and deal structuring
- Preparing a final presentation to the BD organization and other key relevant stakeholders
Here’s what it takes to Win
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The dynamic individual we seek is a collaborative team-player with these qualifications:
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or university with a https://3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing
- Enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s degree program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- Student must be located in the United States for the duration of the internship
- Degree concentration(s) in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, and/or Pre-Medicine
- Students interested in Healthcare, Investment Banking, Consulting, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Accounting, Entrepreneurship
- Sophomore or Junior standing with graduation between December of 2024 and summer of 2026
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of basic financial principles
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Effective communication and organizational skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused on priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with ability to collaborate with colleagues on complex assignments
- Prior work experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth in addition to their well-being:
The base pay range for this opportunity in the https://U.S. is $https://24.70 - $https://28.30.
- Build a network of colleagues that will endure and grow throughout your time with us and beyond.
- Bring your authentic self to the table and become the professional you’re inspired to be through accepting a culture that values the diversity of thought and experience and will flex to your strengths and possibilities.
- Participate in executive and social networking events, as well as community volunteer projects.
for an internship/co-op that defies imagination
If you feel like you're part of something bigger, it's because you are. Join us.
https://careers.amgen.com Please search for Keyword R-171985