Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
The Facility Security Officer (FSO) is responsible for implementing and directing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met. Candidates will interface with all levels of Area-I personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Contract Security Classification Specification (DD Form 254) and Security Classification Guides (SCGs). The position requires a self-motivated candidate that can work in an independent or team environment with minimal direction. The candidate will be required to develop processes and procedures, conduct security self-inspections, apply risk mitigation methodologies, support customer assessments, and implement security measures to meet requirements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Administer day-to-day security programs: personnel processing, program reviews, document control system, audits & self-inspections, violation investigations & reports, receipt/dispatch/destruction/mail logs, visit certs, etc.
- Formulates plans, policies, procedures and other documentation required to deal with the operation of SCI protection functions and activities IAW DoD5105.21Volumes 1-3, ICD 704/5,
- Provide guidance to employees and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures
- Maintain and update the DISS for the entire company, and geographically separated Operating Locations.
- Process requests for changes to DISS, including analyzing requests to assure proper need-to-know justifications are enforced.
- Conduct Staff Assistance Visits and other local inspections as required. Prepares and presents reports with appropriate corrective actions delineated.
- Receive and respond to requests for PERSEC/SCI eligibility, recertification, and special purpose and interim SCI Accesses, insuring validity of the requests.
- Participate in the management of Security Information File (SIF) Program.
- Send and receive collateral and/or SCI visit requests; oversee and provide facility badge access.
- Responsible for ensuring all assigned personnel meet/maintain the appropriate security clearance requirements.
- Update and query required information systems as needed to perform assigned duties.
- Maintain required hard-copy files to perform assigned duties. Prepare and execute required periodic reporting and or audits and reviews IAW applicable directives, regulations, and instructions.
- Provide continuous training and guidance in all areas of SCI security; including but not limited to, local procedures, OPSEC, Communications Security (COMSEC), Security Awareness.
- Enforce foreign contact and travel requirements, entry procedures, escort procedures, document control procedures, and classification review/guidance requests.
- Maintain liaison with government and industry SSOs, to ensure security procedures, policies, and training are properly coordinated, and available to SCI personnel.
- Respond to incidents with the Director of Security in order to make a declaration.
- Provide training and guidance on handling, safeguarding, marking classified material.
- Verify and provide training for requests for courier authorizations; issues those certifications.
- Coordinate industrial security procedures as necessary. Review performance work statement (PWS) for SCI contracts and ensure a properly executed DD Form 254.
- Maintain hard/soft copies of DD Form 254 along with personnel assigned to contract prior to indoctrination.
- Manage facilities (SCIFs) and alarm systems in accordance with ICD 705.
- Develop and update personnel security responsibilities for Anduril Security Policy and Procedures (SPP).
- Analyze and assess issues with personnel security and proposes solutions that meet standards set by applicable regulations, directives and instructions.
- Assist in enforcing ICD 705 requirements.
- 5+ years of related Security experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent (4 years)
- Must complete DISS/NISS training
- Current or able to obtain Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification
- Current Top-Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility (TS/SCI)
- Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
- Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include: Collateral Closed Areas, and ICD 705 Tech Specifications
- Understanding of DISS, e-QIP, NISS, and ISFD
- Knowledge of COMSEC custodian duties
- Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post-foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings, as appropriate
- Thorough working knowledge of the 32 CFR, other relevant DoD security guidance as well as the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards
- Experience developing and implanting OPSEC plans
- Must be familiar with security policy/manuals and the appropriate ICDs/DOD Manuals and other guiding policy documents.
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel within the organizational Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!