Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
The Test Engineering team at Anduril works across the entire spectrum of products ranging from Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, counter UAS, VTOL aircraft and our other platforms. Our team conducts full system level development testing, new production acceptance testing, sub-component qualification testing and much more. In short, if it involves test, we support it. If you are interested in working in an extremely innovative and fast paced environment, where your work directly makes an impact and difference in the products that are fielded this a fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a Test and Evaluation (T&E) engineer, under minimal supervision, you will be responsible for test planning, execution and reporting
- Collect and perform initial test data analysis for the system under test.
- Work closely with Engineering to discuss test results, to include collected data and observations.
- Support execution of flight testing at private and government owned test ranges
- System level T&E of hardware and software with emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting ground and flight testing, and process improvement/development.
- Act as primary test engineer during ground and flight operations. Test duties include system level T&E of hardware and software.
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expanding knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Aerospace engineering degree
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, test pilot/navigator or similar
- Component level qualification experience
- Prior experience with small UAS
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!