Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Operations Lead who would own and implement sourcing activities for optical elements and assemblies for tactical optical systems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the manufacturing value chain for optical components and systems; technical and commercial operations.
- Serve as a central point of contact and coordinator for a complex supply chain in support of core products.
- While, collaborating with operations and engineering SMEs, manage projects that evaluate, plan, and prioritize long-term and short-term supply chain, production and test optimizations.
- Accelerate the scalability of production output and product development.
- Manage vendors involved in the fabrication of optical elements, and the assembly, alignment, and test of optical assemblies.
- Provide on site support and collaboration with partners to prevent and solve ongoing production issues, improve capacity and evaluate potential partners.
- Effectively develop and communicate business cases to support vertical integration or value stream diversification opportunities.
- Continuously evaluate and maximize total cost of ownership and production capability & reliability (lead time & flexibility).
- Work with contract manufacturers for quick-turn R&D development as well as at-scale production and testing.
- Work with technicians and engineers (SMEs) building prototype and production product.
- Degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Operations experience in areas: Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Strategic Sourcing or in design of electromechanical hardware.
- 3+ years of Project / Program management.
- Knowledge of optical system acquisition and development
- Demonstrated ability to creatively deliver electromechanical hardware in a resource-constrained environment.
- A genuine interest in Operations and thirst for driving improvements.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Experience in the field of infrared imaging
- Exposure to ISO 9001/AS 9100 quality systems.
- 5+ years experience with optical system development, integration and test.
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabrication, soldering, assembly, etc.) Work on personal or extracurricular projects is a plus.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!