Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defence sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the defence capabilities of the United States, and are now seeking to replicate our successes internationally with a team based in Australia. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, we want you to join Anduril and help us build the future of defence capability.
At Anduril Australia we are developing unmanned systems for subsurface and other domains that will leverage unsupervised autonomy for the delivery of long endurance, multi-mission capability to our customers. These projects, including but not limited to the Extra Large Autonomous Undersea Vehicle (XL-AUV) Program, require a Senior Software Engineer with deep experience integrating, delivering, sustaining and evolving complex software systems and the technical toolchains they rely on. The Senior Software Engineer strives to leverage their experience to rapidly architect, design, deliver, support, and evolve next generation autonomous vehicles through the entire product life-cycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead the design, development, integration and support of next-generation test and simulation architecture that enables the continuous delivery of capability orders of magnitude faster than the competition
- Create test and simulation fixtures that operate with both software- and hardware-in-the-loop
- Develop data management and analysis capabilities in direct support of a Systems Engineering Integration and Test team
- Contribute to the design and development of other software systems and sub-systems
- Support vehicle manufacturing and deployment
- Work as a member of a multi-disciplinary software team, including as a mentor for Software Engineers from differing backgrounds
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Mechatronics, Computer Science, Engineering, a relevant field, or equivalent experience
- Experience in a senior role for the delivery of a software and/or hardware system with a mature testing capability that enables continuous delivery
- Systems and/or application programming skills including algorithms, data structures, concurrency and optimization
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Capacity to work holistically on software enabled capabilities up and down the software stack and through lifecycle through design, implementation, operation and sustainment
- Capacity to act as the technical owner for a software service, including stakeholder engagement, requirements definition, roadmap management, team co-ordination, design, implementation, sustainment and evolution
- Capacity learn and grow individually, while mentoring junior team members effectively, building team cohesion and capacity
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Australian Government Security Clearance
- Experience with the delivery of a military mission system or vehicle management system
- Experience with the sustainment of operational ICT systems
- Experience writing C++, Go, Python or Rust
- Experience with modelling and simulation
- Experience with development of high assurance safety critical software
- Familiarity with communications busses and protocols such as CAN, CANFD, ARINC-825, ARINC-429, MIL-STD-1553, UART/RS232/RS422/RS485, SPI, QSPI, I2C, Ethernet, etc
- Experience within the product delivery lifecycle including manufacturing, system acceptance, deployment, and sustainment.
- Familiarity with System Engineering concepts
- Desire to grow in to a Tech-Lead-Manager role, with responsibility for line management of engineers, in addition to delivery
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!