Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
Join the Ansys Student Internship Program to apply your education to solve real world engineering problems, advance career skills and experience work at Ansys. The student intern will be part of the Application Engineering Team (Ansys Customer Excellence team) focused on Semiconductor. The intern will use the Ansys Semiconductor simulation platform and products to collaborate with a team of expert professionals to accomplish customer support objective. The intern will get an opportunity to interact with Ansys global leaders.
The internship will run between August 2023 and December 2023.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Create new simulation methodologies, troubleshoot problem set-ups, run simulation benchmarks, and update industry best practices pertaining to modeling and simulation of engineered products & processes
· Develop competence in one or more products working under mentor.
· Update Ansys training course material
· Create technical marketing content
· Perform literature search to locate relevant publications using Ansys or competitive products, as well as experimental data
· Triage workflow issues, identify root cause and file product defect for RD.
· Write detailed technical reports and present results to Ansys teams
· Network within the Ansys Customer Excellence team to learn various job functions such as presales support, post sales technical support, consulting services, etc.
· Support testing efforts to determine new feature readiness for commercial release
· Participate in various customer interactions such as web meetings and customer visits
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
· MS in Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
· Currently enrolled as an engineering graduate student (M.S. or Ph.D.) in an accredited United States university. Ph.D. students should be entering third year or beyond of their program
· Minimum 3.0 GPA
· Authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship by Ansys
· Ready to work at the advertised location without requiring relocation assistance by Ansys
· Motivated to learn. Strong problem solving, communication and time management skills
· Demonstrated skills in writing, understanding, and presenting in fluent English
· Knowledge of CMOS fundamentals, VLSI, RTL Design
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
· Basic experience with Power Analysis, physical design, Custom layout, spice simulations, Electromigration, FinFet technology challenges, RTL design.
· Basic experience with Python or other object-oriented programming/scripting languages
· Knowledge of design optimization methods for engineering
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where Ansys software played a critical role in its creation. Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation enabling next-generation advancements from self-driving cars to ...