in engineering simulation, empowering the world's most innovative companies to deliver remarkably superior products to their customers. With our extensive and unparalleled portfolio of engineering simulation software, we enable the resolution of the most intricate design challenges and empower the creation of products bounded only by imagination. Join our esteemed team of nearly 4000 professionals, spread across over 75 strategic locations worldwide, and contribute to the realm of engineering simulation and product development. Visit http://https://www.ansys.com/ for more insights.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the refinement of testing and validation processes, aligning physics-based sensor model development with real-world test runs conducted at the rain lab of CARISSMA at the Technische Hochschule Ingolstadt within the funded research project AI-SEE.
• Assist in testing and validating automotive optical cameras (both Visible and Infrared) under real and virtual conditions utilizing Ansys physics-based simulation.
• Analyze sensor measurement data obtained in rain and fog weather conditions.
• Develop 3D models essential for virtual test validations, defining materials and geometries using Ansys geometrical editors.
• Conduct simulations to extract virtual sensor data.
• Ensure the accuracy and reliability of Ansys analyses by spearheading the creation and testing of methods to compare real measurements with simulations. Assist in developing a precise method to ensure that Ansys virtual tests accurately mirror real-world results.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
• Enrolled in a Master's degree program in physics, mathematics, computer science, or engineering.
• Fundamental knowledge in Optics.
• Understanding of signal processing and filtering.
• Proficiency in English.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python).
• Proactive nature, integrity-driven, and receptive to guidance.
• Adherence to deadlines.
• Experience with Ansys Speos or Ansys Zemax OpticStudio would be advantageous.
• Excellent communication skills necessary for collaboration in a globally dispersed team.
• Adaptability to work in a hybrid environment (office in Stuttgart, home office, occasional travel).
• Basic proficiency in German or French.
At Ansys, we know that changing the world takes vision, skill, and each other. We fuel new ideas, build relationships, and help each other realize our greatest potential in the knowledge that every day is an opportunity to observe, teach, inspire, and be inspired. Together as One Ansys, we are powering innovation that drives human advancement.
Amaze with innovative products and solutions
Make our customers incredibly successful
Act with integrity
Ensure employees thrive and shareholders prosper
Adaptability: Be open, welcome what's next
Courage: Be courageous, move forward passionately
Generosity: Be generous, share, listen, serve
Authenticity: Be you, make us stronger
We commit to audacious goals
We work seamlessly as a team
We demonstrate mastery
We deliver outstanding results
OUR ONE ANSYS CULTURE HAS INCLUSION AT ITS CORE
We believe diverse thinking leads to better outcomes. We are committed to creating and nurturing a workplace that fuels this by welcoming people, no matter their background, identity, or experience, to a workplace where they are valued and where diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging thrive.
TAKE A LEAP OF CERTAINTY IN YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in working with well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head on. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at a lower cost.
At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery, and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can, and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy, and ethics.
CREATING A PLACE WE'RE PROUD TO BE
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following more recent awards, although our list goes on: America's Most Loved Workplaces, Gold Stevie Award Winner, America's Most Responsible Companies, Fast Company World Changing Ideas, Great Place to Work Certified (China, Greece, France, India, Japan, Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, U.K.).
For more information, please visit us at https://www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.