Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world’s most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The Manager Finance FP&A leads expense planning, forecasting, reporting, and analysis for the Ansys Sales and Go to Market Operations & Strategy organizations and will serve as the primary interface on expense (headcount, vendor, and sales commissions) oversight and partnership with approximately 12 budget holders. This position reports to the Finance (FP&A) director for Sales and Go to Market Operations and will lead a small team.
• Responsible for modeling, managing, reviewing, and communicating a rolling monthly headcount and expense forecast process for each budget holder.
• Deliver annual headcount and operating expense budgets at the cost center level.
• Partner with Operations on standard review package and forecast for sales commissions.
• Streamline third party vendor reporting and increase automation in forecasting.
• Drive intense focus on process improvement. Document and assess production and distribution processes. Deliver automation where possible; migrate publication to modern dashboards.
• Analyze financial results, produce variance analyses, and communicate risk/opportunity insights to cross-functional leadership.
• Ensure timely and accurate work product; meet or exceed established service levels.
• Be a visible, collaborative, accessible leader within the Finance organization.
• Document business needs and lead a small team to provide consistent coverage and support.
• Facilitate Finance optimization efforts and help us build a world-class FP&A organization. Develop, standardize, maintain, and drive continuous improvement of all planning and forecasting processes.
• Serve as a trusted Finance advisor for supported budget holders. Assess risks and opportunities versus annual company targets. Drive strategies to maximize financial opportunities and collaborate to mitigate risks and close gaps. Evaluate forecast outputs to optimize future results.
• Ensure financial results are standardized, impactful, and understandable for cross-functional audiences.
• Participate in appropriate training to enable the adoption of new processes, tools, and models.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or a quantitative discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years of core FP&A experience – forecasting, planning, and business partnering, with heavy focus on continual process improvement and building scalable processes to efficiently manage the P&L.
• Demonstrated, thorough knowledge of best practices in operating expense FP&A as a business partner.
• 1-2 years of people leadership.
• History of self-motivated, independent decision-making, creativity, and thought leadership, with demonstrated ability to prioritize and run multiple projects at once.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, relational, analytical, problem-solving and communication skills, with poise to present at the senior-most levels in the business.
• Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel through creating custom financial reporting models for weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc requests, including variance and trend analysis, chart creation, and presentation tables.
• Extensive experience in creating organized, easy-to-understand Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
• Advanced degree or professional qualification such as MBA or CFA.
• Knowledge of the Software industry.
• Demonstrated adoption of modern tools for business analytics, such as planning systems (Oracle EPM Cloud Planning), data analysis (Alteryx), and visualization/dashboard (Power BI) tools.
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world’s most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 – finalist, and America’s Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where Ansys software played a critical role in its creation. Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation enabling next-generation advancements from self-driving cars to ...