When visionary companies need to know how their world-changing ideas will perform, they close the gap between design and reality with Ansys simulation. For more than 50 years, Ansys software has enabled innovators across industries to push boundaries by using the predictive power of simulation. From sustainable transportation to advanced semiconductors, from satellite systems to life-saving medical devices, the next great leaps in human advancement will be powered by Ansys.
Take a leap of certainty … with Ansys.
Summary / Role Purpose
The R&D Engineer contributes to the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to accomplish development objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs basic development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
· Learns and employs best practices
· Performs basic bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products.
· Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
· Works under the close supervision of a development manager
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
· BS in Electrical Engineering, or related field with 5 years’ experience
· Experience with EDA solution, EDA companies, semiconductor design companies, semiconductor foundries.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
· Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
· Experience with using Ansys Totem, IC layout editor, spice simulation tool
· Knowledge of Ansys or other commercial CAE, CAD, EDA software
· Familiarity with circuit level and timing analysis of signal integrity applications
· Understanding of Electronic Migration, Electro Static Discharge and other IC signoff criteria
· Logical thinking and problem-solving ability
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Sense of urgency, strong organizational and follow up skills
· Familiarity with TCL, Python or Perl
At Ansys, we know that changing the world takes vision, skill, and each other. We fuel new ideas, build relationships, and help each other realize our greatest potential in the knowledge that every day is an opportunity to observe, teach, inspire, and be inspired. Together as One Ansys, we are powering innovation that drives human advancement.
OUR ONE ANSYS CULTURE HAS INCLUSION AT ITS CORE
We believe diverse thinking leads to better outcomes. We are committed to creating and nurturing a workplace that fuels this by welcoming people, no matter their background, identity, or experience, to a workplace where they are valued and where diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging thrive.
TAKE A LEAP OF CERTAINTY IN YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in working with well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high – met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head on. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at a lower cost.
At Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery, and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished.” And it’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can, and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy, and ethics.
CREATING A PLACE WE’RE PROUD TO BE
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following more recent awards, although our list goes on: America’s Most Loved Workplaces, Gold Stevie Award Winner, America’s Most Responsible Companies, Fast Company World Changing Ideas, Great Place to Work Certified (China, Greece, France, India, Japan, Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, U.K.).
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where Ansys software played a critical role in its creation. Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation enabling next-generation advancements from self-driving cars to ...