Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
The R&D Engineer is responsible for the development of software products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer will use advanced technical and problem-solving skills to help the team tackle complex issues, satisfy customer requirements, and accomplish development objectives.
The R&D Engineer will contribute to the development of a new web-based, collaborative systems engineering solution extending Ansys’ Medini, Scade and ModelCenter product lines. This work will be based on an innovative modeling framework, modern web technologies such as Spring Boot, HTML/CSS, J2CL, Angular and integrations with Ansys’ core products. He/She will also contribute to the development of a model repository framework in collaboration with other Ansys product teams. The R&D Engineer will contribute to the planning, research, design, and development of new features. The solution will be used by the Ansys customers to design next generation Systems in the most innovative industries (Automotive, A&D, Energy, …).
Lille (France) preferred – Other locations are possible: Toulouse (France), Sophia-Antipolis (France)
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Participates in planning, architecture, design and research
· Performs development activities that may require extensive analysis in areas including user experience, software design and complex algorithm implementation
· Employs best practices and helps to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring
· Performs bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Researches problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
· Researches and understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues. May work with strategic customers or proxies to assess needs and develop solutions
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
· BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with experience with the relevant technologies
· Technical knowledge and commercial experience are required in Java, Spring Boot, HTML/CSS
· Understanding and practical experience in test driven development and continuous delivery
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
. Knoweldge of EMF (Eclipse Modeling Framework) is a plus
· Experience in working in agile teams following methods like Scrum or Kanban
· Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
· Experience delivering high-quality products in a large-scale commercial software development environment
· Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this domain
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work collaboratively in a geographically distributed team
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where Ansys software played a critical role in its creation. Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation enabling next-generation advancements from self-driving cars to ...