Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary / Role Purpose
We are seeking an experienced Electronics / Computer Science engineer who has extensive background in Embedded Software and/or Model Based Development (MBD) in Automotive domain. An exceptionally good understanding of software development and verification lifecycle in automotive domain with hands-on experience including the knowledge of automotive standards is essential.
This is a client facing, technical role where you will interact with customers developing complex automotive applications. You will work closely with sales colleagues to understand challenges in customer’s embedded software development process and articulate the value of Ansys MBD solutions, offer technical proof points, workshop, training etc. to enable successful realization of Ansys value to the customer.
This position is based in India, Bengaluru. However, you will have an opportunity to work with global customers remotely or on-site as needed. This position requires around 20% travel.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead and assist in coordinating and executing all activities throughout the sales opportunity such as technical discovery, customer meetings, product presentations, demonstrations, and pilot evaluations for Ansys MBD solutions including Ansys SCADE software
• Understand the software development and verification challenges at large automotive customers including various tools and processes being used and guide complex sales engagements into successful outcome
• Position and articulate the value of Ansys MBD solutions addressing the weakness and challenges in customer’s current process to deliver the expected outcome
• Develop example projects, proof of concepts based on the customer use cases and deliver workshop / training
• Develop pre-sales materials such as presentation, training, workshop, and video contents
• Coordinate with global teams to ensure effective and efficient communication as well as synchronized delivery of work products
• Gather market intelligence and collaborate with R&D to define product roadmap
• Support field and digital marketing by delivering technical contents in events and seminars
• Be a recognized Ansys expert and trusted advisor to customer
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
• An engineering degree in Electronics / Computer Science or related discipline
• 5 years of experience in auto / aero or related fields
• Experience in MBD (any tool), code generation, and V&V activities
• Hands-on experience in software development on C/C++ and control systems
• Hands-on experience with embedded systems
• Knowledge of ISO 26262, AUTOSAR, MISRA, ASPICE
• Knowledge of SiL/MiL/ HiL concepts
• Experience in Python scripting
• Proficient in customer facing communication
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Ph.D. or Master’s degree with relevant experience
• Experience with tools such as MATLAB/Simulink, IBM Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect, ASCET
• Experience with AUTOSAR authoring tools
• Experience in AUTOSAR compliant SWC (Software Component) development and testing
• Experience with any communication protocol
• Experience with HiL testing
• Prior work experience in Battery Management System, Motor Control or Hydrogen fuel cell controls
• Prior work experience in automotive OEM, tier suppliers or engineering services organizations
• Experience working in pre-sales /post sales roles
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
If you’ve ever seen a rocket launch, flown on an airplane, driven a car, used a computer, touched a mobile device, crossed a bridge or put on wearable technology, chances are you’ve used a product where Ansys software played a critical role in its creation. Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation enabling next-generation advancements from self-driving cars to ...