Camera Module Design Lead
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Design
- Location Santa Clara, CA
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. This team is seeking exceptional Hardware Engineers to take leadership roles in development of very high performance compact camera modules. Engineers in this role must take leadership and ownership of camera hardware projects in engagements with product and technology teams.
Seeking an experienced hardware engineer to take a leadership role in development of very high performance compact camera modules. The successful engineer in this role will work closely with product and technology teams while taking ownership of camera hardware projects.
•Definition and trade studies of camera optics, sensors, and packaging
•Interaction with electrical and mechanical teams on integration of camera HW into products
•Leadership of off-shore manufacturing partners on camera design evaluation, module prototype builds, and qualification
•Leadership of camera testing in Apple labs and at manufacturing sites including image quality, electrical, and mechanical testing
•Evaluation and debugging of camera hardware at module and product levels
•Documentation of camera-specific design, test, and manufacturing requirements
The ideal candidate will be able to:
•learn quickly and become familiar with several different technology areas
•lead teams and take responsibility for project success
- This role requires the ability to learn quickly and become familiar with several different technology areas. Ability to lead teams and take responsibility for project success is a requirement. The ideal candidate will be an expert in at least 1-2 of the skill listed below, and have some familiarity with all of the skills listed.
- Design and test of compact imaging optics
- Image quality evaluation including test charts, algorithms, and lighting
- Electronic circuit design and test. Digital experience with at least some power-supply analog.
- Mechanical design and tolerance analysis of highly constrained, high-volume designs
- Image sensor design and characterization
- Manufacturing processes and testing of high-precision, high-volume modules
- Data analysis and statistics using MATLAB or other mathematical software
BS/MS/PhD in relevant field (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Physics) or equivalent
Travel is required to supplier facilities in Asia for product development and production bring-up