Mail Senior User Interface Software Engineer
- Experience 5-10 Years
- Category Engineering
- Location Santa Clara, CA
The OS X Mail team is looking for a User Interface Software Engineer to join a world-class team of bright and talented individuals to build the future of Mail on OS X.
The UI team is responsible for developing the user-facing features for Mail on OS X. The team is focused on tackling ways to manage your email more effectively as well as delivering an incredible experience from a UI responsiveness perspective.
This is a hands-on software engineering role involving engineering of new functionality, as well as re-engineering and improving/maintaining existing functionality. This role will require working at all layers of the application stack to deliver results, and you will have substantial collaboration with other engineers on the team as you tackle complex problems. In addition to a strong focus on performance, scalability, interoperability, and correctness, you will be involved in a highly professional engineering process that results in the production of high-quality, refined, tested, and production-ready code.
- 5 years of software engineering experience
- Strong understanding of OOP programming
- Highly productive, and excitement for working on amazing products with enormous user bases
- Incredible attention to detail, and a passion for producing professional code
- Ability to work closely with UI designers and implement designs down to pixel perfection
- Good sense of UI design and user-oriented focus
- Proven ability to excel within a fast-paced development team
- A team player that is able to work very collaboratively
- Desired Experience:
- Cocoa programming experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Internet Mail standards (MIME, IMAP, SMTP, POP, etc) is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering, or equivalent.