Sr. Engineer, iTunes Features
- Experience 0-5 Years
- Category Engineering
- Location Santa Clara, CA
The iTunes Store is looking for a software engineer to help build innovative features that will delight millions of customers around the world.
You will be part of the server team that powers various features within the Apple client applications - iTunes, App Store, iBooks, Podcast, Apple Music etc. You will be working cross functionally with various teams across Apple to deliver some really exciting features to our customers. Thinking about web service performance is a constant thing for us and we are looking for someone like minded. If you are used to thinking about performance in terms of median, 95th percentile and 99th percentile, then we are absolutely looking for you! Our ideal candidate would be someone who is not afraid to question assumptions, is a good team player under tight deadlines and tackles problems with elegant technical solutions.
- Expert knowledge of developing and scaling Java web applications with very stringent latency requirements.
- Strong object oriented design and analysis skills coupled with a deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience working with Apache Solr / Apache Lucene.
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience working with object relational databases like Hibernate, Enterprise Objects Framework etc.
- Exceptional debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of JVM based languages like Clojure is a plus.
- Experience with one or more of the NoSQL solutions (Memcached / Redis / Voldemort / Cassandra / MongoDB etc.) is a plus.
- Experience writing effective unit and integration tests.