The Driver II has a CDL and may drive a bus, shuttle van, or straight truck, or boat–hauling vehicle. Drivers in this position that hold a Class B CDL; drive vehicles under 26,000 lb such as a passenger bus or a straight truck with air brakes or a combination vehicle. Drivers in this position hold a Class C CDL drive non-air brake passenger buses. Drivers are required to operate in an efficient, consistent, safe, and timely service.
• Must complete a daily vehicle inspection form prior to driving and after finishing their route.
• Ensure a pleasant and clean atmosphere is always maintained in and out of the vehicle
• Apply all safety equipment available, always wear seat belt when driving
• Operate company vehicle weighing under 26,000 lb (GVW) transporting passengers or transporting supplies and equipment to and from designated locations
• Drivers are required to drive defensively, safely, and cautiously in all situations
• Exceptional customer service skills are needed when encountering guests; to ensure a good positive representation of is always demonstrated
• Picking up and dropping off guests at designated locations
• Drivers transporting passengers should be highly knowledgeable about the property and the surrounding areas, acting as a concierge resource for all guests.
• May have to lift guest luggage weighing up to 80 lb into the vehicle
• Fuel, clean, and inspect vehicle when required.
• Identify maintenance and safety issues and take the correct steps to correct them, and report malfunctions immediately.
• Must ensure all vehicle logbooks are completed properly, including rider-ship information log
• Work with Transportation Office dispatcher ensuring any special requests and group requests are completed
• May be assigned to work as warehouse drivers, safely and promptly transporting equipment to and from the warehouse
• May be required to do maintenance and safety inspections on service trucks, pickups, trailers, and other vehicles and equipment. This includes checking and changing oil and tires, lights, and general vehicle condition
• Take vehicle to car wash when necessary
• May be required to assist with clerical work, answering phones, working as a dispatcher and other office duties
• Dry Storage Drivers may be required to sell and dispense propane, following federal dispensing laws by only dispensing propane into bottles with OPD under 10 lb
• These drivers may also be required to occasionally operate a cash register in some circumstances handling cash, traveler’s checks, and credit cards in a safe and accurate manner
• Drivers must understand the machinery and chemicals used
• Drivers must be aware of SDS sheets and books and read and use this information when necessary
• Attend all scheduled department and safety meetings
• Share innovative ideas to improve efficiency and operations
• Know and follow all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies, and energy, as well as rules of the road.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Must be age 21 years or older
• 1 year + professional driving experience and vehicle mechanical experience is preferred as well as customer service experience
• Must be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
• Must have a valid Commercial Driver License (Class B or C) with a clean driving record showing 5 years of prior safe driving
• Must pass a DOT physical examination and obtain a medical card
• Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol test and participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
• Must complete and pass Defensive Driving Course prior to driving a company vehicle
• Drivers may be required to have a passenger endorsement or airbrake endorsement to be able to drive all vehicles
• Experience driving in all weather conditions including winter weather and tire chain installation
• Equipment Used: Company Vehicle, Walkie-Talkie, Hand Truck, Computer, Hand Truck, Photocopier, Printer, Telephone,
• Travel Requirements: Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
BENEFITS: Aramark offers a wide array of comprehensive benefit programs and services including medical, dental, vision, and work/life resources to our benefits-eligible hourly Aramark employees. Additional benefits include retirement savings plans like 401(k) and paid days off such as parental leave and disability coverage. Hourly eligible benefits vary by location and are subject to any legal requirements or limitations, employee eligibility status, and where the employee lives and/or works.
COMPENSATION: The hourly rate for this position ranges from $16.00 to $16.00, depending on circumstances including an applicant’s skills and qualifications, certain degrees and certifications, prior job experience, market data, and other relevant factors. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission (if relevant). This is Aramark’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of compensation for this position as of the time of posting.
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our 280,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 19 countries around the world every day.
Your privacy is our top priority throughout the hiring ...