The Floor Technician is responsible for floor maintenance, restoration, and the operation of industrial floor care equipment in assigned location(s). Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Maintains a friendly, efficient, and positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients, and co-workers.
• Anticipates and responds to customer needs.
• Uses proper procedures on hard floor care (stripping & refinishing, burnishing, spray cleaning, and spray buffing) in adherence to the principles of hard surface floor maintenance.
• Uses the proper procedures on carpet and upholstering (shampooing, damp surface, extractions, spot cleaning, vacuuming, etc.).
• Operates industrial floor care equipment as assigned and according to schedule for cleaning of large area of floor surface.
• Performs maintenance and restorative processes for all floor surface types.
• Properly processes all municipal solid waste (MSW), infectious, and pharmaceutical waste including rendering infectious waste as MSW.
• Removes trash, recyclables, soiled linen, used supplies and equipment from assigned work area. Disinfects receptacles and carts as needed.
• Follows all Aramark safety standards, sanitation, and infection control standards and procedures and requirements by the appropriate accredited local agencies.
• Adheres to all Aramark appearance standards and always wears the required uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) while working.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Previous experience as a floor care technician or in related role and knowledge of floor care equipment and use is preferred.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others and be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our 280,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 19 countries around the world every day.
Your privacy is our top priority throughout the hiring ...