The Student Worker- Food Service/Catering is responsible for serving, preparing, and/or building food items while providing customer service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures. The ideal candidate must be a student at the Aramark location. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Prepares and builds food items according to standardized recipes and directions
• Properly stores food in accordance with standards
• Sets up workstations including prep tables, service counters, hot wells, steam tables, etc.
• Breaks down, cleans, and sanitizes workstations
• Serves food to customers while ensuring guest satisfaction and anticipating the customers’ needs
• Replenishes food items and ensure product is stocked to appropriate levels
• Maintains excellent customer service and positive demeanor towards guest, customers, clients, co-workers, etc.
• Adheres to Aramark safety policies and procedures including food safety and sanitation
• Ensures security of company assets
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Previous food service experience preferred
• Must have or acquire food safety certification
• Demonstrates guest service skills
This role may have physical demands including, but not limited to, lifting, bending, pushing, pulling and/or extended walking and standing. This role may also require uniforms and/or usage of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our 280,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 19 countries around the world every day.
Your privacy is our top priority throughout the hiring ...