Introduction to the job
ASML is increasing the use of public cloud technologies to foster innovation and speed up development. The Cloud Architect is the technical leader responsible to drive technical design teams and make appropriate tradeoffs and decisions in order to guarantee the deliverables meet product requirements.
Role and responsibilities
The Cloud Architect is responsible for helping our Development & Engineering community work more efficient by adopting the new way or working in Cloud with regards to machine data and improving the Product Generation processes. Application of Big Data concepts, both on premise as in Cloud, is part of the scope. Transformation of development teams and supporting the acquisition of the skillset to combine this new world with the old way of working is key.
As a Cloud Architect within R&D you will be:
- Creating innovation by architecting and implementing cloud foundations;
- Providing consultancy as a consulting architect towards development teams;
- Part of a new movement, where you will work in close collaboration with both IT architects, Product Owners, and various domain architects to design and rapidly realize new features;
- Interact and consult with co-developing teams to share your expert knowledge of developing cloud based solutions;
- Challenging our organization, to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
To provide more flexibility and agility to the development and engineering community we need to provide alternatives to the legacy environment. To do so we are actively working on building up cloud capabilities within our organization and looking for ways to effectively develop solutions with our engineers. As part of this transition we need you, a Cloud Architect, to challenge our views and help build new environments, products and services
Education and experience
- At least Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience. Cloud certifications will give an advantage in obtaining the role;
- 5+ Years of relevant working experience in IT or product development, and 5+ years working as an architect. Excellent knowledge of Cloud capabilities, processes and tools. Including setup of procedures, guidelines and roadmaps in a Cloud agnostic way;
- Proven experience with DevOps and the rituals of agile teams, preferably in a Scaled Agile environment;
- Understanding data governance, data handling/management, data classification is part of the necessary skillset, as well as security awareness and topics in the area of Compliancy (export control, privacy, etc).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills;
As you will be working in a small team, we expect you to have not only excellent delivery skills, but also strong stakeholder management capabilities, organizational and environmental sensitive, proactive, analytical, team player, result oriented and pragmatic attitude, planning and prioritization skills, strong inner drive, positive continuous improvement attitude, fluent in Dutch and English. Superior communication and training skills.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Cloud Architect is part of the Digital WorkSpace team in the Information Management department in Development & Engineering. The aim of our team is to help our engineers work and collaborate more efficiently and effectively, both personally, as well as in teams and with suppliers.
The Cloud Architect reports to the Sr. Manager for the Digital WorkSpace.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.