Role and responsibilities
Lifecycle Cost and Value Management provides a structured approach to increase ASML profitability by improving the Value of our products for our customers and reducing its integral Costs.
The Cost Architect predicts, assesses, and drives the total cost of our machines, creates awareness of the value- and cost drivers in cooperation with the sectors within our organization. This will allow us to steer towards an balanced cost and value, leading towards maximized overall margin.
The Cost Architect will operate from the Lifecycle Cost and Value Management program and be present in major New Product introductions from the Business Line DUV. The Cost Architectwill work with technical teams to determine cost specifications and cost predictions of Function Cluster and Building Blocks. Regular cost roll-up and reporting on Function Cluster level, Building Block level, and purchasing level will create an increased cost awareness and sense of urgency in the organization to drive costs down.
The Cost Architect operates as part of a multi-disciplinary team specifying the new machine generations that support our customer's roadmaps. This includes strong cooperation with marketing, system engineering, development and sourcing.
The Cost Architect is responsible for providing a specification for Cost of Goods and gives insight in various other cost elements, e.g. factory cost, service cost and install cost.
- Create Cost breakdowns and cost specificationsin engineering documents on Function Cluster and Building Block level. Handshake these cost breakdowns and specifications with the different stakeholders (project leads, architects, function owners and sourcing).
- Create Cost SDR (system design rational) documentation that is the underpinning of costs in new or changed designs
- Introduce Cost Monitoring in projects,reporting to the Cost project leader and program manager
- Actively drive opportunities to optimize for cost: analyze cost drivers, raise cost opportunities, follow up the cost initiatives
- Support in system roadmaps and function roadmaps by assessing the impact of different scenarios
- Create insight and transparency on commonality for current situation. From there identify and propose different scenarios together with BL and Sectors to optimize the integral impact for the business (integral business case)
- Manage interface towards sourcing
- Explore new optimization areas and work methods leading to efficient and pragmatic processes
- Build up competencies in Cost Management and Commonality approach
Education and experience
Master or Bachelor+ in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics, Industrial Engineering or similar. Affinity with costs.
Minimum 5 years experience in product architecture, product design and industrialization, preferably in Semiconductor / Automotive / Electronics Industry
- Experience in cost structure analysis, product cost optimization and integral financial impact analysis
- Familiar with value engineering and cost engineering methods and techniques
- Team player
- Excellent analytical skills
- Show cost awareness
- Good knowledge of database tools and reporting tools (Excel, Access, SAP, Spotfire)
- Personal engagement, good communication skills.
- Detail oriented
- Practical focus
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
High quality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retain the best people and let them share in the success that they build. Our rewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledge and competencies within the company by offering a competitive package in local markets where ASML is active.