CS - Software Technical Support Engineer - Hsinchu
Do you want to service the most cutting edge lithography machines currently on the market?
Do you enjoy deep diving into complex technical issues?
Are you not afraid of learning a lot in a short period of time?
At ASML we make the world's leading lithography machines. Software is one of the key drivers to make sure we can provide the performance our customers expect.
We are looking for engineers with a background in software engineering or Unix/Linux system administration that are up for the challenge of making sure our software is running smoothly on our products.
As a customer support engineer in the Taiwan Software Support Center, you will responsible for ensuring that ASML software will be running smoothly on all of our products; increase availability and uptime of our products and diagnose/analyze complex issues.
- Prepare, perform, assist software actions onour products, e.g. installing/upgrading software.
- Review and understand complex softwaredocumentation.
- Troubleshooting of complex software issueson our products.
- Determine structural solutions to softwareissues from a service organization perspective.
- Participate in continuous improvement cycleswith our development and engineering department.
- Regular customer communication to sharesoftware information, e.g. planning of solutions, status of issueinvestigation.
ComputerSciences MSc. or equivalent.
3-5years of experience in the semiconductor industry is preferred.
- Easily connect to and learn from yourenvironment.
- Concise, transparent and open incommunication to all stakeholders.
- Able to apply a structured and logicalapproach to troubleshooting and problem solving.
Context of the position
TheTaiwan Software Support Center is part of the EUV technology group. The SSCprovides software support for EUV and other ASML products in Taiwan. Ourinternal customers are plenty; the planning teams that schedule and alignactivities with our customer, the EUV technology group which provides andarranges early access and beta test opportunities to our customers, theseveral software integration departments world wide and a team of dedicatedengineers in Taiwan, San Diego, Wilton and the Netherlands.
Highquality people are a key asset to our company. To recognize that, we offerhighly competitive compensation and benefits packages to attract and retainthe very best people and let them share in the success that they build. Ourrewards philosophy is to attract and retain specific professional knowledgeand competencies within the company by offering a competitive package inlocal markets where ASML is active.