Customer Support Project Leader
Introduction to the job
Within ASML, the Customer Support (CS) group is responsible for the maintenance, repair and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. Within CS, the Upgrades, Install & Relocations (UIR) value stream prepares and executes complex upgrades and relocations, and supports installations on ASML systems. The value stream has a global setup with presence in a number of locations in the world. These activities run 24/7 in a customer production environment with a team of 4-40 engineers over a period of 1-13 weeks.
Role and responsibilities
Job Mission As project leader you will be part of the DUV WW UIR Standardization & Projects team. In our vision we enable the regions to perform high quality and cost effective Upgrades, Installs & Relocations at maximum value to our customers and ASML. As team we lead projects to standardize and improve products and processes to enable flawless operation, in line with the value stream priorities.
The Project Leader is the key player to own and drive standardization and improvement activities and projects or product introduction projects. These projects contribute to deliver on product cost roadmap and on product cycle time roadmap within the DUV WW UIR value stream.
- Demonstrate Project style of work by following Project Management Methodology.
- Project Initiation: Identify and analyze business needs, stakeholders and linkages to other projects and define project scope and objectives
- Project Planning: Formulate and receive acceptance of Project plan, budget and required resources.
- Execute approved projects: Coordinate, monitor and drive project activities, manage project risks and resources, take corrective actions when necessary and ensure a proper roll-out of the improvements
- Project Closure: Evaluate and close the project, identify and analyze lessons learned, archive project documents and hand over project to standard way of working.
- Build, maintain and utilize a network of in- and external stakeholders / partners (e.g. product owners) and represent the project within the organization
- Updates on progress on regular basis (to be determined with stakeholders) based on predefined Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Drive Continuous improvement (LEAN) on safety, quality, predictability, efficiency and costs to meet the agreed product cost roadmap and product cycle time roadmap in line with department vision.
Education and experience
Education Masters technical degree like Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Electronics, (Applied) Physics or comparable. Or a Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of experience.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex production processes.
- At least 2-5 years' relevant work experience as a PL or an equivalent position.
- Extended experience with ASML products and operations is preferred.
- Experience in a LEAN environment is preferred.
- Multitasker with the ability to work in dynamic working environment
- Ability to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization.
- Provide a clear vision, achievable goals and priorities in the execution of your project
- Be connected, be open, be reachable and in tune with a growth mindset
- Establish ownership with each individual of the team (We Own It): Every team member to feel ownership and responsibility of any issue hindering Best-In-Class performance.
- Lead By Example on a positive, energized and "can do" mindset
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Excellent communication skills towards different levels and cultures.
- Open for cultural differences.
- Good English language skills both verbal and written
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- You will report to the CS DUV WW UIR Standardization & Projects Manager Jorg Jansen