Data Architect Machine Control & Infrastructure
Introduction to the job
Machine Control & Infrastructure department, MCI in short, delivers control of machine functions, management of
system data access and interfaces for system external data. Together with the Metrology departments, we control
the lot process to optimize the system productivity, availability, overlay and imaging performance in close
cooperation with other scanner functions. We help our customers with innovative and standardized data and
control system interfaces, help other system functions to use and provide system-external data and help fabs to
improve cycle time.
Role and responsibilities
- Analyze the data needs within Metrology & Machine Control cluster and be the data point of contact.
- Maintain the Metrology & Machine Control cluster core data model.
- Define & align the Machine Control and Infrastructure data roadmap to internal and external stakeholders.
- Define a reference data architecture to clarify how the data will be stored, organized, used, integrated and
managed by different users and applications.
- Support the organization to get a data driven mindset.
- Support new product development (feature assessments and supporting key decisions).
- Coach architects, engineers and lead designers on data aspects.
Education and experience
MSc or PhD in Computing Science or Information Technology or related technical field.
- 10+ years of experience from which at least 6 years as a Software Architect in the high-tech industry.
- In-depth knowledge of (ASML) software and data architecture(s), dealing with legacy, diagnostics, data
governance and -management and various development practices.
- Experience with modern data science practices, machine learning and cloud technology.
- Experienced in working in/with SAFe or Agile team environment and applying lean practices.
- ASML Metrology and/or Machine Control knowledge is a pr.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Passionate about technology and excited by the idea that it will impact millions of end-users worldwide.
- Analytical, product and quality-oriented.
- Open-minded, you like to discuss about technical challenges and you want to push the boundaries of
- You are an innovator and you constantly seek to improve your knowledge and your work.
- You are a role model for your team and they trust your technical as well as interpersonal and coaching
- Customer and quality oriented you do not settle for second best solutions, but you strive to find the best
ways to acquire top results. But, in this you should also constructively balance leadtime and quality
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the development of ASML products.
Within this sector the department Machine Control and Infrastructure (MCI) is responsible for the design,
implementation and maintenance of the high level control and data access software of the complex lithographic
machines. ASML creates high tech machines; architects in MCI are facing several aspects of production control,
data management and interface control. A huge code base is maintained and under strict configuration
management to provide maximum commonality between different machine types.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration
Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.