DUV Defectivity Engineer
Introduction to the job
Within D&E, the Defectivity Department within the Machine Conditioning cluster is responsible for making sure the ASML-products have a high-quality output (yield). Any contaminant needs to be prevented since it can create defects in the end-product. As defectivity performance engineer you will be actively involved in the integration and qualification of the ASML products.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for an all-round defectivity engineer, who will participate in:
- Setting up test plans, execution of these tests in the cleanroom.
- Data analysis.
- Engage in root cause analysis and understand the various sources that cause issues.
- Support customer and factory issues and escalations.
- Development of new tests.
- This work will be in a dynamic environment; both on the topics that need to be worked on and the boundary conditions for the tests themselves are changing often. Linking macro-scale items (for example air/ water flows) to micro-scale defects has proven to be challenging.
- You will work in multi-disciplinary teams, together with other projects responsible for hardware and software modules, system engineering and marketing. You will need imagination and creativity, as well as analytical skills to drive defectivity qualification and trouble-shooting in case of deviations. You need to be assertive while also being a team player and build on the knowledge and help from other specialists within the ASML community.
Education and experience
Education and experience
A degree in (applied) physics, material science, chemistry or data-driven engineering.
- BSc with minimal 3 years of experience.
- MSc or PhD. Knowledge of semiconductor industry, scanner hardware, defect metrology equipment (for example SEM), statistics and design of experiments is preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Matlab knowledge is a plus.
- Pragmatic, innovative and hands-on, highly committed and flexible.
- You are able to work independently.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work in cleanroom environment.
- Willingness to travel.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. Please add your complete & recent CV and motivation letter for this position to your application. We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents. You can apply for this job using the button: Apply now.
Applications sent by email can't be processed.