Financial Controller - Inventory & Manufacturing
Introduction to the job
Are you keen to take up a new challenge in a global fast growing company? Are you challenged by contributing to the implementation of our Global Enabling Services -Financial Services team within ASML, are you looking for a next step in your career and would enjoy taking up the challenge of enabling ASML business to achieve its objectives while being in control?
We are looking for you!
A professional who makes the difference because it's in your nature to standardize, simplify and ensure E2E business processes are in control.
Role and responsibilities
At ASML we constantly have to ensure that our people, processes and information enable us to realize our growth and meet our ambitious business objectives. Especially in an exciting era of automation, digitalization, robotics and data mining, enabling ASML's future growth and its success.
ASML has launched its transformation towards Global Enabling Services (GES) to deliver world-class transactional & operational support services organized around E2E processes. Finance is the first mover soon expected to be followed by other services. Within Finance we have established the E2E cycles, Financial Services, Supplier Financial Services, Customer Financial Services and Employee Financial Services.
To realize our ambition we are looking for a Financial Controller to strengthen our Financial Services (FS) team responsible for the product costing and accounting related to inventory and manufacturing for ASML globally.
As Financial Controller, you will bring hands-on and pragmatic expertise and know how to ensure the right accounting and drive continuous improvements as well support the transition to our future ERP system.
- Together with the team, responsible for worldwide inventory & manufacturing
- Ensure appropriate accounting around inventory and manufacturing
- Monitor the inventory counts worldwide
- Analysing production order variances
- Support period-end closing activities
- Preparation of applicable disclosures for the purpose of Annual Report
- Preparation of applicable deliverables to Internal stakeholders
- Execution of relevant SOX controls
- Challenge, automate and standardize where possible the current way of working
- Drive Improvement Initiatives
What makes this role interesting
- Interaction with business: such as Factory and Supply Chain
- Interaction with Sector Business Controllers and Business Line Controllers
- A team that has a consistent drive from identifying and implementation of improvements
The use of multiple applications like SAP , BW, Microsoft Office and Spotfire
Education and experience
Master degree in business related education
2-4 years relevant working experience in accounting and preferably multinational environment
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Experienced in SAP ECC, SAP Workflow, and has affinity with BI tools especially Spotfire (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and/or IFRS
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) is preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you should be:
- An outgoing professional who takes ownership and is willing to bring/get information within the ASML organization;
- Strong in customer focus;
- Fitting into a dynamic and ambitious environment; brings commitment and flexibility (going the extra mile);
- Result oriented with a high sense of responsibility and accountability;
- Driven to grow within a professional and challenging environment;
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural understanding;
- Team player, likes to work as a member of a team, supports other team members;
- Fluent in English, with strong communication skills;
- Analytically strong.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Financial Controller GES FS Inventory and Manufacturing is part of the Global Enabling Services Financial Services organization, Europe. Financial Services is responsible for the E2E accounting process for ASML worldwide, supporting the business and providing management information as well as ensuring external compliance.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.