Integration Satellite Mechanical and Electrical Project Leader
San Diego, CA
Introduction to the job
The Integration Satellite Team supports development, and integration of next-generation source system for the creation and control of EUV light into the Scanner system.Satellite team performs analysis, verification, and trouble-shooting on complex laser, opto-mechanical, vacuum, safety PLC, electrical and machine layout, mechanical, tooling, handling, computer infrastructure, and SW systems.The team is also responsible for system integration and optimization, data acquisition, data analysis, module and sub-system validation, issue resolution management, test plan development, test analysis reports, and remote and on-site field support for customer escalations.Team represent the development and engineering (D&E) projects in San Diego and be the primary interface to the projects which are based in the Netherlands.
As the Mechanical, Safety PLC, Computer Infrastructure and SW Lead in the Satellite group, we are looking for an individual to lead the effort of group of engineers working in the previously mentioned areas.The team is concentrated on escalation, qualification, and integration activities for the Mechanical, Safety PLC, Computer Infrastructure projects.
The Mechanical, Safety PLC, Computer Infrastructure and SW Satellite PL will lead the Vacuum, F&T, Handling & Tooling, Electrical Interface, Software Platforms, Computer Hardware, and Safety PLC Satellite team representing the projects in San Diego and serve as an interface to the design projects in Veldhoven, Netherlands. S/he will perform a variety of project management tasks including but not limited to creating and tracking schedules, performance targets, resource plans, prioritization and delegation of tasks, and general planning activities for engineering deliverables as well as escalation management for San Diego integration test-rigs along with worldwide field systems.S/he will ensure internal & external customer escalations are addressed in a timely manner to maximize system availability. The Satellite PL will also assess risk and mitigation strategies, highlighting issues and managing containment actions and ensuring the team meets the set milestones.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Manages the engineering activities within the Mechanical, Safety PLC, Software and Compute Infrastructure Satellite team in San Diego, for the Veldhoven development projects.
- Creates and tracks schedules, performance targets, resource plans, prioritization and delegation of tasks, and general planning activities for engineering deliverables.
- Manages escalation and coordinates critical issue resolution for San Diego integration test-rigs along with worldwide fielded systems for the represented VHV projects.
- Provides the project management interface to VHV project leaders in Veldhoven, as well as critical stakeholders in San Diego (Integration, Program, Customer Support, Manufacturing) for efficient coordination, execution of critical activities.
- Proactively communicates issues and manages the solution path, as well as cross-functional communication to ensure coordination between Engineering functional areas and other departments.
- Supports the Engineering change processes for the projects he/she represents when appropriate.
- Ensures successful completion of module and system-level testing, compliance/reliability testing, life testing, and any activity required for the projects supported as part of the product's release into manufacturing.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed for each development activity, and that adequate documentation exists for product manufacturing (test procedures, drawings, BOMs Build of Material).
- Performs post-mortem reviews on key developments and leads communication of further design improvements to VHV projects.
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (managers, engineers, program, project leads, customer support, manufacturing, upper management, marketing), crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization.
- Communicates and aligns with cross functional stakeholders globally
- Creates presentations as required to support internal and external team related meetings with stakeholders.
- Manages program escalations and ensures all stakeholders are aligned on path forward.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats.
- Travels to VHV main office and customer sites, when needed (
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical, Electrical, Software Engineering or related technical degree.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- A minimum of ten (5-8) years total experience with five (3-5) years project management experience.
- Product development experience preferred.
- Strong competence with the various tools and procedures used to accomplish the job.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to influence, motivate, mentor, and lead team resources.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with an advanced understanding of internal/external customer relationship building.
- Ability to solve problems and implement solutions to complex problems with available resources.
- Broader technical knowledge in one of the cluster disciplines, and experience to be able to communicate effectively with the engineering teams, and to check/review their plans and progress.
- Ability to assess and plan staffing requirements for projects and technical/non-technical qualifications/capabilities of staff members.
- Good meeting practices (proper attendance, agendas, start/stop times, minutes, actions, follow-through).
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Self-starter; self-motivator; willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to adapt processes to reduce inefficiencies and accelerate product development.
- Excellent decision making skills and business judgment.
- Understanding of escalation management.
- Ability to define and track short and long-term goals and resources.
- Understanding of product development lifecycle & engineering change control processes and tools.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Will require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.