Material Handler (Days)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Within ASML, the sector Customer Support is responsible for the maintenance and continuous improvement of ASML systems at customer locations. One of the departments in this sector is US CS DUV UIR, responsible for providing technical upgrade support to customers and service engineers within the Customer Support organization. The US CS DUV UIR Material Handler ensures material and tool readiness to execute high complex Upgrades, Installs and Relocations.
The US CS DUV UIR Material Handler is responsible for managing and executing logistics activities in a customer Fab and to ensure the availability of materials before needed, ensuring completeness of tooling prior returning to stock and closing sale orders within the specified timeline.
The role of the US CS DUV UIR Material Handler is to work independently, or a team on high complex Upgrades/Installs/Relocations projects at any site in the world with / without In-Fab Logistics system in place. This covers ensuring materials are available and secured prior to the execution, maintaining inventory and integrity of tooling and materials during the execution and properly close-out at the wrap-up of the projects. In addition, this role required to provide training to workgroup on SAP, SO's management, material returns, defect etc This position also required extensive International and Domestic travelling up to 80%.
- Corporate and Local SCM alignment.
- Work collaboratively with customer's 3rd party vendors on materials delivery from the local warehouse and up into the Fab, and into the laydown area.
- Inventory of materials at the local warehouse and at customer sites/at the laydown area in the Fab.
- Manage customer's dock presence.
- Generate 1 day look ahead materials picklist and material sheet.
- Prepare laydown area in the Fab at customer sites.
- Attending daily morning pass-down and sending daily pass-down via email at end of each shift.
- Work closely with the project Coordinators/Project Leads/End-users to ensure availability of tooling and materials.
- Manage materials and tooling availability (weekly).
- Manage Build-in/Build-out tracker.
- Proactive with the Materials and tooling move-in and move-out using SAP SMS.
- Perform inventory of materials and tooling weekly and order replacement as applicable using SAP/SMS.
- Perform tooling integrity check daily and defects/order as applicable using SAP/SMS.
- Manage tooling calibration schedules.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the laydown area at the beginning, during and at end of each shift.
- Finalize materials and tooling move-out.
- Finalize materials administratively using SAP/SMS .
- Close-out the laydown area.
- Reallocate tooling and materials between sales orders/projects using SAP and SMS as applicable.
- Finalize the Build-in/Build-out using SAP/SMS.
High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years as a Logistics Technician in the Semiconductor or related experience, or Material Handling related experience.
- Familiar with technical terminology used in semiconductor process.
- Experience a semiconductor cleanroom, handling clean and ultra-clean material and tooling.
- Logistics and SAP knowledge.
- Be able to work effectively independently and within teams consisting of engineers, trades and management to maintain the projects progress.
- Open to cultural differences and able to work at various sites with different cultures and Way-Of-Working.
- Good hands-on skills.
- Good customer skills.
- Good coordination, documentation and communications skills.
- Multi-task player with the ability to work in a fast paced environment, changing schedules to meet or exceed internal/external customer expectations.
- Quality driven team player committed to the success of ASML.
- Willingness to continue learning and growing in a professional environment is a must.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Work is conducted at a customer site and requires familiarization with customer Confidential rules and policies regarding worksite behavior, cleanliness and safety.
- All employees must be able to pass an extensive background check to obtain customer badges.
- Expect to spend more than 50% of work time inside the clean room working with electromechanical parts and tooling.
- Position requires domestic and international travel (up to 80%) to support for uninterrupted period up to 6 weeks in a row, and the willingness to work flexible shifts and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays; extensive overtime may be required during upgrade execution.
- Valid driver's license and passport required.
- At times, job requires standing for long periods of time and moving tools and equipment up to 50 lbs. of weight unaided.
- Position works under the direction of a Manager, Supervisor, or Sr. Engineer.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability