Optical Production First Line Support Engineer 2nd Shift - Guaranteed sign on bonus and relocation
Join ASML Wilton today to receive your sign on bonus and relocation.
*Offer valid for Wilton, CT new hire offers made between now and December 15, 2021.
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The Wilton Factory Optics First Line Support Engineer (2nd Shift) is part of a multi-disciplinary team that supports production output in the Wilton Factory. The candidate will interact with various production teams, as well as senior management at the Wilton, CT site.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The WF Optics First Line Support team will:
-Work in hands-on environment with technicians to troubleshoot and document interruptions on the production floor.
-Function as initial escalation point for issues pertaining to:
- Advanced Correction (MRF, IBF).
-Develop and implement short-term containments and structural solutions for production issues.
-Escalate structural process/procedural issues to Competency Production Engineering team and serve as consultant for solution space.
-Function in consulting role, representing work floor, for:
- Product, process, and tool development.
Activities pertaining to excellence metrics:
- Cycle Time.
- Labor Hours.
- Capital Expenditures.
- Lean/Value Stream Exercises.
Bachelor of Science in technical field, preferably pertaining to Optics, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years work experience in a high-tech, production environment.
- Experience in optical fabrication/assembly processes, in any/all disciplines.
- History of completing individual and team-oriented tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong sense of ownership and personal accountability.
- Adaptability to changing processes and plans in a high-pressure, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability