Procurement Category Manager (Indirect)
San Jose, CA
Introduction to the job
The U.S. NPR (non-product related or indirect) procurement team is responsible for sourcing, supplier management, and contracting across all non-product related goods & services nationally. The team is comprised of procurement professionals who leverage procurement skills and market insights and align with internal stakeholders and so as to unlock value for ASML.
The NPR Category Manager drives all procurement and contracting activities for assigned areas of spend.Achieve financial and non-financial goals that align with those of ASML's Sourcing organization as well as the stakeholders.
This role is responsible for national and local supply management of all assigned areas of spend. He or she acts as an independent leader, actively sourcing, managing supplier performance, and close alignment with the business and stakeholders.
Role and responsibilities
- Develop technical expertise and market intelligence for area of spend.
- Seeks out, develops, and actively manages key supplier relationships.
- Interface with Legal, Finance, and other areas to ensure that supplier relationships are appropriately vetted, contracts are consistent with policy, and risk has been effectively managed.
- Develops category strategies for assigned areas of spend and executes against those strategies, achieving intended value.
- Manages key stakeholder relationships: ensuring alignment between Procurement's and the business' strategies, promoting early engagement of Procurement by stakeholders, executing against plans and communicating successes
- Leads end-to-end procurement processes and promotes continuous improvements both internally and externally.
- Effective leverage suite of procurement technology tools.
- Support other members of the Procurement organization to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- Bachelors in a relevant area (Engineering, Business, Economic, or other related field required) or combination of education and 5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Experience working in an engineering environment or supporting the needs of an engineering teams a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Ability to establish and manage positive stakeholder relationship is a key success.
- Excellent project management skills with proven ability to successfully manage high level, high-tech projects with a scope across the entire value chain.
- Able to work independently, managing initiatives through to successful completion.
- Exhibited ability to drive value including but not limited to hard-dollar savings.
- Team player with proven ability to successfully lead complex multi-disciplinary projects across a diverse organizational landscape.
- Able to navigate a complex organizational landscape and an exhibited ability to influence without power.
- Strategically focused balanced with a great attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in either San Jose or San Diego. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
- Approximately 10% - 20% travel required.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.