Scrum Master Software Innovation
Introduction to the job
In the Software Innovation department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2500). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines. Next to continuous enhancement of the existing environment we are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artifact storage, etc.). We are expanding our teams to be able to deliver both the required enhancements and the new environment. Therefore we are also looking for an experienced scrum master that can play a key role in bringing Scrum to the next level and further integrate the teams in the Agile Release Train.
Role and responsibilities
As a senior scrum master you will have the following responsibilities:
- Coach the teams in becoming a self-organizing scrum team
- Facilitate the team's meetings, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and the daily stand-up
- Track work in progress during daily stand-up and help to identify and remove blockages for developers
- Help remove impediments for the team
- Help the team in improving efficiency (continuous improvement)
- Work together with Product Owner, Chief Product Owner (SAFe Product Manager) and Release Train Engineer,in handling changes in backlog and scope
- Align the team activities with stakeholders
As we are growing the teams will be expanded and new teams will be formed. You will play an important role in helping these teams in this dynamic situation to become successful.
Education and experience
- At least a Master's degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or equivalent experience.
- Certified Scrum Master.
- Certified in Scaled Agile Framework.
- At least 5 years' experience with building self-organizing Scrum teams.
- At least 2 years' experience in a scaled agile environment (SAFe, LeSS, etc).
- Preferably a technical background or a strong interest in technology.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new challenges and new problems to solve and working together is the only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Strategic thinking, solving today's problems while keeping in mind a long-term plan.
- Good listening skills, creative thinking.
- Good coaching skills.
- Very good communication & diplomacy skills
- Analytic mindset, able to quickly assess issues and their root causes.
- Getting things done mentality
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.