Senior Software Design Engineer
Introduction to the job
Are you challenged by delivering solutions to complex engineering problems in a multi-disciplinary team-effort? Do you enjoy capitalizing on .NET software technology in an Agile development context to create solutions that our customers appreciate? Would you like to contribute to the world's most advanced chip production metrology equipment? Are you fascinated by optimizing equipment throughput and automation and integration of YieldStar in our customers' fabs' MES environment? If so, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer!
Role and responsibilities
Within business line Applications the D&E YieldStar software groups address the area of complex machine algorithms software. You will be end-to-end responsible for realization of software in C# contributing to development of the YieldStar software platform. This is done using a SAFe (Scrum/Agile) way of working.
In this position you are a member of the YS SW Application group. This group addresses implementation of the complex machine algorithms. In the Scrum team you take initiative to address user stories in this scope. You are guided by the Scrum Master (Team Lead), function cluster architect, and Product Owner (Project Lead). Furthermore, you cooperate with other software team members, and involve Customer Support and Manufacturing representatives. As a Senior Software Engineer you will act as fast learning software professional, and contribute to software realization using a disciplined Scrum/Agile based way of working. You apply software engineering best practices such as requirements engineering (user story definition), object oriented analysis and design, implementation in C#, testing, and integration in the YieldStar software platform.
- Act as Scrum team member in a SAFe organization
- Demonstrate end-to-end ownership for feature/story based software engineering
- Align specifications with stakeholders in the function team and the software platform lead
- Secure both software and product quality
- Software realization, including design, testing and documentation
- Act as buddy in pair-programming
- Contribute to continuous improvement of our Agile software development for the software department as a whole
- Transfer knowledge to colleagues in both D&E and sectors supporting operations (e.g. Customer support)
Education and experience
MSc in computer science, informatics, mathematics, physics, or electronics.
8 years in object oriented development of technical software for high-tech equipment
5 years of experience with C# and recent versions of .NET framework
3 years of experience with Agile/Scrum, preferably already familiar with SAFe
- Proven experience in applying SW design patterns to create robust and maintainable designs
- Proven experience in applying TDD software development. Preferably experience with introducing TDD to teams, explaining and advocating the benefits by setting examples.
- Proven mathematical aptitude to implement complex machine algorithms
- Preferably experience with SEMI standard interfaces such as SECS
- Experience in coaching Junior Software Engineers
- Team player
- Able to work in a cross-disciplinary Scrum team in a dynamic product development environment
- Strong analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Willing to take ownership
- Value orientation, getting to the essence, setting and acting according to priorities
- Curious, fast learning (mostly on the job)
- Good communicational skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.